Does anyone use a T series for moving brush and logs?

/ Does anyone use a T series for moving brush and logs?
ptsg. That would make sense, apparently you lose a little for the implement for the HST version.

/ Does anyone use a T series for moving brush and logs? #12  
My assumption that your father is not out to set speed records for moving brush and logs. I have a large grapple on my 474 cab and while it's a little "slow" it's probably better that it slows me down a bit. There have been times where I'm zoning out and lifting at an awkward angle and it pulls me to one side or the other. My guess is that either would be perfectly fine and you are hemming and hawing over very minuet issues.

I've figured out ways to "speed" thinks up like getting the grapple in the right position during my travel back to the logs and so on. My guess is that it's more about operator then it is pump speed.

Thanks Dicky really appreciate that input. We decided on the 494 yesterday so I guess we'll find out. What kind of third function kit you have on your grappel? And if I might ask which grapple is it?

/ Does anyone use a T series for moving brush and logs? #14  
I've figured out ways to "speed" thinks up like getting the grapple in the right position during my travel back to the logs and so on. My guess is that it's more about operator then it is pump speed.

Yes, I agree. It's about getting the tractor in the right position for the next operation with a minimum of steps and having the grapple already open or closed as needed.

But to be honest unless you have a LOT of work to do or are doing it for money, it doesn't matter all that much if it takes you a little longer.

I have an EA Wicked dual lid grapple which has been really good for me. My use is about half brush and half logs. The long bottom tines give me more capacity for brush than a short tine root rake style grapple would, and when I have to I can hand load stuff. It's strong too- I've picked up some logs that were so heavy the loader would not curl and the grapple's jaws still meet perfectly.

we have 5 acres of downed 75 year old trees to clear from a massive storm that hit last year. I'd say we have a lot of work to do :)