Does anyone have Muhammed's Compact Tractor Book?

/ Does anyone have Muhammed's Compact Tractor Book? #1  

davesisk

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson MF 1220
Does anyone have Muhammed\'s Compact Tractor Book?

Are Power-trac's mentioned in it? The table of contents mentions trencher attachments. Are there 3PH trenchers for conventional CUT's?

Dave

/ Does anyone have Muhammed's Compact Tractor Book? #2  
Re: Does anyone have Muhammed\'s Compact Tractor Book?

Yes, I have the book.

I don't recall any brand name being specifically mentioned, although I didn't go through it page by page to check either (lazy - what can I tell you!/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif)

Yes, 3 pt trenchers are mentioned. I'll quote from the book if Muhammad promises not to have me arrested for plagarism!

Chapter 16, Section 6.17; Trencher (page 71)

A trencher is used to dig trenches. A trencher works faster than a backhoe, but only does one task. Different trencher blade widths are available, and trenchers are compatible with most compact tractors over 20 horsepower. Construction and utility companies that have frequent trench digging needs commonly use trenchers.

Very enlightening/w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif!

Oops! Upon further review - /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

I must rescind my earlier statement. In Chapter 12, specific manufacturers are mentioned. However, PowerTrac is not one of them./w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

/ Does anyone have Muhammed's Compact Tractor Book?

I did a search on Yahoo for trencher attachments, and I found one 3PH trencher. It was circular, and looked a little bit more like the stump grinder attachment PT has rather than my pre-conceived notion of a chain-type trencher.

Does the book list suppliers, or just mention that things like this are available?

Dave

/ Does anyone have Muhammed's Compact Tractor Book? #4  

I will wait until the book comes out in hard form. Have never gotten used to a book online.
PJ

/ Does anyone have Muhammed's Compact Tractor Book? #5  

<font color=blue>"Does the book list suppliers, or just mention that things like this are available?"</font color=blue>

It does not list suppliers for these various implements in the individual chapters. It basically provides a brief description of the various kinds of attachments that are available with a brief description of it's use.

There is a list of associated web links at the end of the book, but either the page ripped out of my book or I never printed it out, because it wasn't where it should be./w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

<font color=blue>"I will wait until the book comes out in hard form. Have never gotten used to a book online."</font color=blue>

PJ -

I don't know if the book is coming out in hard form. I don't recall hearing anything that said it was, but then again, I don't recall what color socks I wore yesterday either!/w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ Does anyone have Muhammed's Compact Tractor Book? #6  

Maybe you could send Muhammad the links/info on PT & attachments. He is collecting this kind of info for an update, probably due out one of these days.

/ Does anyone have Muhammed's Compact Tractor Book? #7  

<font color=blue>"Maybe you could send Muhammad the links/info on PT & attachments."</font color=blue>

I got a feeling I'm having a senior moment here. I'm not sure why you think I should send Muhammad links on PT. I would think he's already aware of any links and would plan on including them in his future releases. And other than what I've seen in the PT forum, I don't know of any other links or attachments./w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

Am I missing something?/w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

/ Does anyone have Muhammed's Compact Tractor Book? #8  

a while back we posted quite a few other producers, manufacturers and locations just to mention one: the farm show, where you can get ideas or actual attachments that can be converted just by buying and attaching the pt quick attach plates.

search would be helpful and is a great research tool ... i found via this media underwater attachments ... i am not joking either.

/ Does anyone have Muhammed's Compact Tractor Book? #9  

PowerTrac should be in the next release of the book. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif How far I'll go into the subject, though, I'm not sure of right now.

/ Does anyone have Muhammed's Compact Tractor Book?

Cool! Represent us well, Muhammed!

Regards,
Dave