Documentation for all models and corresponding att

/ Documentation for all models and corresponding att #1  

bubenberg

Platinum Member
Tractor
PT425, Kubota L2050, 3 hydrostatic Exmark mowers. Z21D Kubota ZTR, 2 Kunz acrease wing mowers, 1 rough cut kunz mower, one vintage grasshopper ztr, one vintage gravely ztr, various large garden tracto
NOT now, but sometimes this winter, i think we should start to prepare some sort of electronic documentation and step by step explanations of how to maintain the beasty and it's attached toys ... ups models and corresponding attachments.

we will need the computer and engineering members of our exclusive club to come up with a format and knowhow of where and how to post this info. and how to maintain it.

it would be nice if the head pt'er in tazwell would give us some help, since they already have the drawings and an arsenal of questions asked by us in the past.

/ Documentation for all models and corresponding att #2  
Conceptually, at least, I wholeheartedly agree, but remain un-convinced that PT will weigh in with their expertise (read: knowledge database)...after all, as Charlie has pointed out, aftermarket parts/service seems to be key to their profits!

That said, this seems to be a TBN project best oriented towards the smaller PT models, as there is not much presence in the 18 or 24 series.... at least not yet...nicht wahr?

/ Documentation for all models and corresponding att
concur on all points but am looking on learning and helping others. from pt i only hope to get the drawings or pictures so we all know where to grease etc. mr is looking for his spindle greasing points ...here my idea would come in handy if i could send him a already electronically stored grease point diagram of a 60" mower for pt425s.

/ Documentation for all models and corresponding att #4  
If I ever get time (you know) I'll start photographing everything in detail, as will others, and we can start this up in a thread here. Sound like a good idea and might avoid duplicate questions, although I like to re-read them occasionally to refresh my memory /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Documentation for all models and corresponding att #5  
I agree on all this. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words. I intend to buy a new digital camera soon so I can start documenting this stuff. Maybe we could arrange a conference call to get Hans set up with his new camera as well. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif (Just joking Hans…I know you are pressed for time during the summer mowing season).

For example, I still don’t know how to bleed the air out of the system for the 50 hour service. Would like to see that entire process documented. Also, we could to start a database on a number of key items such as:

- Replacement Parts and Repairs….paint, filters with part numbers, tires and wheels, etc…

- Customizations and Improvements…Lackender Hoe, new lights, new engines (Kohler has a new 28HP fuel injected engine that will fit in the 400s), etc….

- Usage Techniques…what’s the best technique to dig with a bucket, how much will a wing mower increase one’s mowing productivity, how does one get the best lawn strips, etc…. I have moved a ton of dirt by first loosening the ground with a potato plow, then using a bucket to scoop the loose dirt. I need to document this process.

I think we need a web site to specifically collect this stuff. I seem to recall someone setting something up on Yahoo but don’t know the status. If all else fails, I could probably set up something myself. My only hesitation is that I am always pressed for time and would likely fall behind on updates. However, I could give access to a number of folks and we could jointly maintain it. Maybe each interested party could “own” a certain section or something.

Ideally, it would be nice if TBN offered this option for each major brand/category. Perhaps they could even get the manufacturers to sponsor these areas since it would be a big help to owners. Perhaps it would even be another way to help fund the entire TBN site. Just a thought.

/ Documentation for all models and corresponding att #6  
Hey Martt:

I've already created a database for parts info. See this group on Yuhaa:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powertrac/>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powertrac/</A>

I just checked and it looks like a few folks have made quite a few entries there. Cool beans...

Dave

/ Documentation for all models and corresponding att #7  
davesisk

How do you get to the database in the Yahoo group
Duane

/ Documentation for all models and corresponding att #8  
Hey Duane:

Just go to the URL above, and click on "Database" on the left side...

Dave

mr. m.r. i knew you would come trough. that will be great, we will help from the practical and commercial use side as much as possible depending on the the season and work schedule. and some day with pictures also ... let's keep our fingers crossed for that latest goal.

thanks

hrl

by the way guys thanks for getting into the act so fast ... we tried to do this on a professional site related to agronomy, turf and landscaping and ended up talking about electing officers, selecting stationary and business cards and nothing came of it. luckily we did not go public with the idea ... what an embarrassment that would have been.