Do you take it to the dealer for maintenance or do it yourself.

/ Do you take it to the dealer for maintenance or do it yourself. #11  
Yeah, what does doing it yourself have to do with "beat up"?

I do all my own maintenance and repairs. Because I can and I know that it's done right or the way I want it done.

That's the same question I had.....Not sure about the "beat up" part. Maybe that was a poor choice of words. It doesn't make sense, does it?

I'm thinking that he must have an exceptional dealer.
And I agee that I would rather use a dealer - and I do sometimes - but only after checking their shop and some references to make sure that the dealer mechanics can do work as good as my own - doing it for the first time and without specialized tools.

rScotty

/ Do you take it to the dealer for maintenance or do it yourself. #12  
I have always done my own maintenance, except when front seal went out on axle. The dealer quoted me a price to replace both side at such a good price, wasnt worth my time to mess with.

/ Do you take it to the dealer for maintenance or do it yourself. #13  
I prefer doing my own maintenance so it gets done when I want to do it. I can also stop and do some work with the tractor and go back to the maintenance later.

/ Do you take it to the dealer for maintenance or do it yourself. #14  
One thing about doing it yourself, you know it's being done right.
Sometimes the people doing the work don't do it right.
Only if you have the skills/time/tools to "do it right".
Ask any repairman (and not just mechanics) and they'll have stories about customers who tried to fix something themselves, screwed it up, then brought it in.

/ Do you take it to the dealer for maintenance or do it yourself. #15  
I generally do my own routine maintenance & some repairs.

It's frozen here now & my barn is unheated. So I took it in for a hydraulic leak in a very inconvenient spot at the pump. Hoping it's just an o-ring or the hard line. It's due for an oil change, hydraulic change (barely on the dipstick because of the leak now as well) & 75 hours from needing the valves adjusted. Just having the dealer do it all. Would do the fluids & filters myself, but it will be in at the dealer anyway.

Amusingly this week I'll be replacing a leaky hydraulic hose on somebodu elses machine. But that's a standard part I can get made anywhere & is easily accessible.

/ Do you take it to the dealer for maintenance or do it yourself. #16  
Today, with you tube, if you have any mechanical skill at all, the average person can do most non-critical work themself. Some people prefer to have others work for them, even oil changing. If I was wealthy enough, I might even hire someone else to drive my tractor;)

/ Do you take it to the dealer for maintenance or do it yourself. #17  
As I have a 10 year warranty on my tractor I
will take all warranty work to the dealer bu
changing oil etc I do it myself as have been
changing oil etc for over 68 years so won't
stop now!

willy

/ Do you take it to the dealer for maintenance or do it yourself. #18  
Still have 2 visits left from the dealer and they are 14 miles away,I pay for parts fluids no labor charges.

/ Do you take it to the dealer for maintenance or do it yourself. #19  
I've spent way, way, WAY more money on, lifts, tools, garage space... then I have EVER saved by not going to a dealer for service.

Not a chance I'm going to change my evil ways! :)

/ Do you take it to the dealer for maintenance or do it yourself. #20  
Dealer did our 50 hour and 200 hour service. Both times oil was overfilled. Just because you have the dealer do it, does not mean it will always be done right.