Posthole Digger do you have a yellow post hole digger with a round gearbox

/ do you have a yellow post hole digger with a round gearbox #1  

plowindeeper

Gold Member
Tractor
jd 4610
I have a yellow pdh was over painted red when I bought it and had a case sticker on it. I bought It used. Has worked fine for 8 years now. The other day I broke the shaft that holds the auger. I have no ides what kind it is. Woods dealer says not his. The swing arms are held to the main beam with a metal clamp thing NOT A PIN. any ideas guys. Never put a pic on here never tried can't put one on craigslist so I gave up on posting pics

/ do you have a yellow post hole digger with a round gearbox #2  
How does your gearbox attach to the boom? We have two different replacement gearboxes for our post hole diggers. One measures 4 1/4" between the ears and the other one measures 5 1/4" between the ears. They have a 2" output shaft that the auger mounts to. Some of the older 3pt diggers had odd sized output shafts but you can get adapters to fix that. That being said, you'll have to weigh the cost difference of replacing parts vs. buying a new unit. You can find our replacement gearboxes here on our website along with our post hole diggers and other post hole digger parts. They do qualify for free ground shipping to your residence.

Last edited:
   / do you have a yellow post hole digger with a round gearbox #5  
Heres my World Agri Corp/International see if its this one.

Boone

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    742.9 KB · Views: 722
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    590.1 KB · Views: 667
   / do you have a yellow post hole digger with a round gearbox
Thanks guys no matches so far Wife got camera working so I'm trying to post a pic asap got a to much to do and no time to do it in .

My gear box has a 6" pin through it holding it to main beam.
Drive shaft is metal no plastic so I'm thinking at least 30 years old.
The main beam Is shaped like all PDH's
The lift arm beam(shaped the same) were all the others I've ever seen have a pin mine has a metal clamp that still allows it to swing never seen another like it.
the output shaft is theaded a adapter screws up on it to hold auger thats were it broke

The machine shop that KNOWS how to weld in town said they could weld it for $150

/ do you have a yellow post hole digger with a round gearbox #7  
G2040-PN.jpg

Could it be a Danuser?

/ do you have a yellow post hole digger with a round gearbox #8  
Here's a pic of mine (Shaver). It's at least 20 years old and still going strong.

shaver01.jpg

/ do you have a yellow post hole digger with a round gearbox #9  
I borrowed this one from a friend.
100_0257.JPG

/ do you have a yellow post hole digger with a round gearbox #10  
I can't say I've ever seen one with a threaded output shaft.

Here's a pic of mine, Kubota branded, made by Auburn Consolidated Industries (ACI)

DSC00275.jpg

Sean