Do you and what do or would you charge

/ Do you and what do or would you charge
Thanks for the input Tags. Why did you get rid of your stuff? Yeah I still haven't heard from my neighbor after telling him no. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Maybe a good thing /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif just kidding I do like him and that's why I decided not to lend it out.

Darin

/ Do you and what do or would you charge #12  
Darrin, I'll give you the same pearls of wisdom that an old man once told me and it sure has kept me out of trouble for the most part. He said,"Never loan your tractor or your wife to anyone, someone could throw a rod in both of emm." /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Well said BeeBop /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Darin

/ Do you and what do or would you charge #14  
Darin,
I didn't really get rid of it,I just upgraded to some bigger stuff,not much bigger,but a little.I got a Kobelko SK70 excavator that weighs 9 tons,and I just recently got a JD 110 TLB,although I did get rid of the dozer,the excavator has a backfill blade so I am able to shape things up pretty good with that,but if I really need to shove some material around I just rent one,it didn't pay to have the dozer sit while I made payments on it so off she went.

Nice to hear you still have plenty of equipment to play (work) with.

Darin

/ Do you and what do or would you charge #16  
Another one of those big dilemmas. Like others, there is a very short list of operators for my equipment. Things do break, but it's easy to abuse stuff also. For my immediate neighbors who share their talents with me, the most they get charged is fuel and beverages. Liability is my main concern since I don't have commercial insurance on my play toys. The few times I've done side jobs, they had to sign a waiver of liability. Not 100% sure that it would stand up in court though, so now there is a shorter list of places I go to play. I enjoy using my stuff, but don't have a big desire to replace it every couple of years like rental centers or large contractors do either.