Do Mahindra Tractors need a block heater?

/ Do Mahindra Tractors need a block heater? #2  
So your tractors were stored inside ?

/ Do Mahindra Tractors need a block heater? #3  
Not really, but they will help in really cold temperature making it start faster possibly without needing long period with glow plugs.
I don't have one, I had to use my glow plugs today and it did take longer cranking before she'd fire. But temperature was at -5 and we've béen in the deep freeze for more of February so far.

/ Do Mahindra Tractors need a block heater? #4  
My Kubota came with a block heater. I've never used it. The intake air heater works just fine. Your Mahindra does not NEED one - it just makes starting easier. I'm retired so going outside when it's really cold is my FIRST decision. The SECOND decision would be starting the tractor. I VERY SELDOM find it absolutely necessary to go outside and start the tractor when it's really cold.

- if it's really cold, stay in the house where it's warm

- if it's snowing, is there an 8" accumulation and is it still snowing. Maybe, then, go out and plow the driveway.

- remember, I'm retired and spring is only a couple months away

/ Do Mahindra Tractors need a block heater? #5  
echoing the responses above, you usually don’t need to use it, but using it does help.

If we have a Nor’easter or other storm and I know that I will be using it in a few hours, I will plug it in a hour or so before. Otherwise I just start it and let it sit and warm up.

/ Do Mahindra Tractors need a block heater? #6  
I've lived where it gets really cold, EVERYTHING needs a block heater, if it get cold enough!

SR

/ Do Mahindra Tractors need a block heater? #7  
I've lived where it gets really cold, EVERYTHING needs a block heater, if it get cold enough!

SR

No additional heat for those real cold days you probably don’t have to worry about starting cause it won’t.

/ Do Mahindra Tractors need a block heater? #8  
No additional heat for those real cold days you probably don’t have to worry about starting cause it won’t.
I have had no problem at all starting a diesel at 40 below, after plugging the block heater for a couple hours...

SR

/ Do Mahindra Tractors need a block heater? #9  
My dealer said I didn’t and I live in Maine. Let’s see...

DO MAHINDRA TRACTORS NEED A BLOCK HEATER TO START IN FREEZING TEMPS - YouTube

Any tractor with a charged battery and properly working glo plugs don't need a block heater. Both my big Kubotas live in an unheated barn and it gets cold here as in below zero and they both start right up after pre heating. I'd say the poster in the You tube video had issues with his old Kubota. Both my Kubota's are 2002 and 2004 and both have many thousands of hours on them. I do use Powerservice in them to prevent the diesel from gelling.

I do warm them up before moving them. I used them for snow removal in the winter and farming in the summer.