Do I want/need a 72 or 84" box blade?

/ Do I want/need a 72 or 84" box blade? #1  

sparc

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4410, NH TC-25, Bobcat M610, JD X534, Dig-It Model 158, JD Ztrak 737. 6X4 Gator
Found a Frontier 72" box blade for sale and wondering if its too narrow for my 4410.

Should I get a 84" or is the 72 gonna do it for me.

I have a Woods 84" rear blade and when its angled it still covers my tracks, but I won't be angling the box blade so does it matter.

/ Do I want/need a 72 or 84" box blade? #2  
Found a Frontier 72" box blade for sale and wondering if its too narrow for my 4410.

Should I get a 84" or is the 72 gonna do it for me.

I have a Woods 84" rear blade and when its angled it still covers my tracks, but I won't be angling the box blade so does it matter.

I would suggest a boxblade at or slightly wider than your track width. Too wide hinders mobility,too narrow is just inefficent

/ Do I want/need a 72 or 84" box blade? #3  
I agree with Carykong. I like my BB to be wider than the tractor tires. That allows me to clean up against an immoveable object without grinding my tire along said object. Too wide and you swing it into objects when turning around.

This is a hotly contested subject and draws all sorts of opinions. The best opinion is the one that works for you.

But first, how wide is your tractor, measured to the outside of your rear tires?? That information is needed to give an opinon about what you need. :)

/ Do I want/need a 72 or 84" box blade? #4  
Yes, How wide is your tractor?

/ Do I want/need a 72 or 84" box blade? #5  
Where ya been Murph???? Don't forget the rule,,,,, no pics,,,,,, it didn't happen (cab pics)......... ;)

/ Do I want/need a 72 or 84" box blade? #6  
Where ya been Murph???? Don't forget the rule,,,,, no pics,,,,,, it didn't happen (cab pics)......... ;)

Maybe Tomorrow Richard. No film for camera.:D

/ Do I want/need a 72 or 84" box blade? #7  
BOY YOU DATED YOURSELF THERE MURPH!!!! WHO USES FILM CAMERAS ANYMORE!!!! :D

/ Do I want/need a 72 or 84" box blade? #8  
BOY YOU DATED YOURSELF THERE MURPH!!!! WHO USES FILM CAMERAS ANYMORE!!!! :D

Don't get all excited I was just kidding. My Brother still shoots 35mm Black and white and gets paid for it!

/ Do I want/need a 72 or 84" box blade?
Yes, How wide is your tractor?

Manual says 66.7 with my R4 tires. Tractor is not closeby for me to measure directly.

Too wide was my thought too. I've used a friends 7 footer on my TC-25, and it felt a little wide.

I think I will go with the 72", it will do what I want I think.

If not I'll trade up to something wider.

Thanks everyone.

/ Do I want/need a 72 or 84" box blade? #10  
Manual says 66.7 with my R4 tires. Tractor is not closeby for me to measure directly.

Too wide was my thought too. I've used a friends 7 footer on my TC-25, and it felt a little wide.

I think I will go with the 72", it will do what I want I think.

If not I'll trade up to something wider.

Thanks everyone.

I was thinking a 68" at about 900 Lbs.