Do I need the 37 or 55? Thoughts?

/ Do I need the 37 or 55? Thoughts? #11  
My 37H came with the telescoping arms.

Nice. I knew they were adding that feature to the RK37 but it is not listed on the website yet. Maybe they are waiting for existing inventory to get cleared out. Anyway, if the orig. poster does decide on a 37 and takes one from the lot, I would confirm it has telescoping arms.

/ Do I need the 37 or 55? Thoughts?
Thanks for the input, I think the 55 will be the choice. It will be a long term purchase, and we eventually want to build a riding ring for the horses so I'm sure I'll eventually put the extra HP to work.

Thanks all.

/ Do I need the 37 or 55? Thoughts? #13  
Yes sir, the 55 is the way to go. I got mine in December 2018. RK55, Hydro, cab. I has a load sensing button and cruise control. I just mowed 12 acres of overgrown sage/dog fennel (Over the hood overgrown) with my 6 foot woods brush bull (bush hog). It was all the 55's 42 PTO HP wanted and more. However with the load sensing activated and on cruise control when the going gets heavy the tractor will automatically slow the ground speed until the tractor catches back up. I also mowed some with Kubota M4800, 43 PTO, geared tractor. I could not tell a difference between the power of the two tractors. Only difference was that when the Kubota got overloaded I had to clutch in and downshift to a lower gear but then I could not tell when I needed to up shift again in the lighter stuff. I think the RK55 with the load shifting was faster because it would slow down when it needed to but then speed back up to cruise setting. There may be a power loss with a hydro vs. gear but you will not notice it if the PTO HP is close.

/ Do I need the 37 or 55? Thoughts? #14  
If you are moving round bales around then the 55 would be the way to go. The 37 will lift them, but when you get 1200+ lbs in the air you want some beef under you. As mentioned the 55 will run a much larger brush hog. Either will be OK for keeping the driveway up to snuff.