Do I have a bad battery?

/ Do I have a bad battery? #1  

TYTY10291

Tractor
kioti ck35 hst
Kioti hst35 212 hours, my tractor turns over easy well maintained, it turns over good but a lot of the times I have to put a battery charger too get it to start, could this be a bad cell? Thank you

/ Do I have a bad battery? #3  
It sounds like a bad battery, but everyone is going to say to check the battery terminal connections first.

We say "check", but what that means is you want to loosen the bolt enough to slip the connector loose from the battery post. Then clean it up and put it back on. Checking that both connectors can be tightened down so they clamp had onto the battery posts. Rubber gloves, old clothes, a brush, and some clean water will be helpful. DO NOT get that battery corrosion crud on you or anything you value.

Then charge the battery overnight. Take the charger off, let the battery sit for an hour, and then check the voltage if you have a meter. A good battery should be above 12 volts. Really good ones are up close to 12.5 or more. If no meter, let the tractor sit for a couple of days to a week or two and see it it will crank the tractor without needing the charger on it. If not, it's new battery time.

Pay the extra for an AGM type battery if you can possibly do it. BTW, there is nothing magic about one 12 volt battery versus another. Any 12 volt battery that will physically fit in your battery box and connect to the cables will do just fine.

Good luck,
rScotty

/ Do I have a bad battery? #4  
When checking connections be sure to check where the ground cable connects to the tractor frame.... a rusty or corroded connection can cause issues like described...

/ Do I have a bad battery? #5  
Fuel filter been replaced lately. If so, then have you checked your glow plugs to ensure they are working. Sounds like your battery is good if it cranks over easily just not enough heat in the cylinders to fire.