Do homeowners buy snowplows to plow their own properties?

/ Do homeowners buy snowplows to plow their own properties? #41  
Having fun pushing some. None of these SUV's were bent doing these jobs. :LOL:
boss plows509.jpg
Rhino blading gorge (DL).jpg
Pbnightsnow.jpg

Last edited:
   / Do homeowners buy snowplows to plow their own properties? #42  
I was just pricing out a snowplow for my truck, and the price came to around $5200 for an eight foot steel plow and stuff.

Does the average homeowner or backyard farmer spend that kind of money on snow removal stuff, or is the purchase of plows limited to people who do this to make money?

Do people spend $5000 on accessories for a tractor or is that too much money for most tractor folks?

Would like to hear people's experiences here.

Thanks
Spent around $3800 for my Kubota RTV 1100c plow this year so my answer is yes//

Attachments

• tempImageOXFIMT.jpg
    tempImageOXFIMT.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,059

/ Do homeowners buy snowplows to plow their own properties? #43  
I was just pricing out a snowplow for my truck, and the price came to around $5200 for an eight foot steel plow and stuff.

Does the average homeowner or backyard farmer spend that kind of money on snow removal stuff, or is the purchase of plows limited to people who do this to make money?

Do people spend $5000 on accessories for a tractor or is that too much money for most tractor folks?

Thanks

/ Do homeowners buy snowplows to plow their own properties? #44  

Thanks
Is your driveway paved or gravel? Do you occasionally (every two-three years) get a blizzard with 12"? Most light plows will not work on truly heavy snow and repeated plowings may be required as it accumulates. A snow blower on an unpaved surface is useless for less than 3". If it's paved my very first choice would be a snow blower.

/ Do homeowners buy snowplows to plow their own properties? #45  
We have an 800-foot paved driveway, and I use the FEL on my Kubota BX2360 to clear it. Lots of back-and-forth movements and turning. If the FEL doesn't do the job, I'll attach my 5-foot rear blade to the 3PH. I generally plow with the back (xonvex) side, either running the tractor backward or pulling it with the blade rotated 180 degrees. I need to get some skid pads for that blade....

--- Mike

/ Do homeowners buy snowplows to plow their own properties? #46  

Thanks
I use a Snow Sport, a plow specifically for homeowners, no hydraulics, no electric connections, the frame is a tad bit heavy and unwieldy, but I am 66, 6' and 200 lbs and can handle it. You will need a front hitch, they are not bad price wise, a little tricky to install, but I did it. I have a 1000' long gravel driveway, and that plow does it just fine. I am outside of Philly, we occasionally get a heavy snow, but I just keep up with it. Its much better to plow in the heated cab of a pickup than the seat of a no cab tractor. I have a compact JD 1170 with a 7 foot steel blade (on the back) that I use when the truck can't handle it. But I rarely use that after I got the Snow Sport.

1626449493473.png

/ Do homeowners buy snowplows to plow their own properties? #47  
Check into a 3 point snowblower for the back of your tractor a blower is better than a plow any day, they are even starting to put blowers on the front of pickups now. After so many passes with a plow your path closes in, with a blower the path stays at the same opening. Look at the cost difference. Good luck

/ Do homeowners buy snowplows to plow their own properties? #48  
I use a snow pusher, really like it. Just hasn’t snowed since I purchased 2 years ago

IMG_0182.jpg

/ Do homeowners buy snowplows to plow their own properties? #49  

Thanks

/ Do homeowners buy snowplows to plow their own properties? #50  
Yes