Do front skid steer attachments work for tractor front end?

/ Do front skid steer attachments work for tractor front end? #1  
Tractor
2023KIOTI NS 4710
Assuming the flow is sufficient?
I would figure they do, but there might be some general concerns regarding forces on the loader that wouldn't be present for a skid steer?

looking at this front end auger in particular but asking, really, in general.

this says designed to run on machines rated at 5-17 GPM

would be running on Kioti 4710 (advertised flow rate of 16.5 GPM)

TIA.

/ Do front skid steer attachments work for tractor front end? #2  
Your auxiliary flow rate is considerably less than 16gpm but for an auger it’s not a big deal. It will work just slowly.

/ Do front skid steer attachments work for tractor front end? #3  
It would be better for you to rent a toro dingo and a tree transplanting auger than investing in an unknown auger like this as the Toro Dingo and the tree transplanting auger will dig the holes much easily as the bottom of the auger is always working with less effort as the soil around the auger is being pulled away from the hole slowly which is very good for rocky ground or ground with heavy clay soil.

/ Do front skid steer attachments work for tractor front end? #4  
Generally speaking some tractors are SSQA compliant and some are proprietary designs, meaning they are their own unique design like JD. My Kubota accepts all of my Bobcat QA implements and buckets can be swapped between them.

/ Do front skid steer attachments work for tractor front end? #5  
I would figure they do, but there might be some general concerns regarding forces on the loader that wouldn't be present for a skid steer?

TIA.
Should be able to run the auger, you have adequate flow. SS's have flat faced couplers, not hard to change you just have to buy some Pioneer couplers to make the hook up.

/ Do front skid steer attachments work for tractor front end? #6  
The grapple on my tractor - Land Pride SGC1560 - is designed for a skid steer. Works just great on my tractor. Although it doesn't require much greater flow than my bucket. It demonstrates attachment compatibility between different units.

Any "forces" have been handled well for the nine years I've owned the grapple. And believe me - it has handled some max loads. Big rocks - large trees.

IMG_0011.jpeg

/ Do front skid steer attachments work for tractor front end? #7  
I have a Danhuser hydraulic PHD. At best a tractor under 60hp has around 15hp on tap via hydraulics. A 3pt has an easy 30hp or more, depending on HP & sheer pins. My old L3200 put a lot more power into the 3pt PHD than my new L4060 into the hydraulic SSQA. But I now have reverse & down pressure. Not to mention not breaking my back just mounting the dam 3pt PHD, I wouldn't go back.

I can spin a 12" auger on the hydraulic, which is probably about the max. My old 3pt had less effort spinning a 12". But you always had to wory about corkscrewing the 3pt. I had a 4' pipe wrench to unscrew it by hand I thankfully never had to use. But it got close a few times. with hydraulics you just hit reverse. It can be a little fiddly to spin the PHD & operate the boom as the hydraulics steal flow from each other, but it's not that bad & not hard.

Despite loosing a lot of power, you gain a lot of usability. I'd wager my weake hydraulic unit could put in 5 post holes before my old 3pt could even with the handycap. My 3pt was modified to fit on a quick hitch with TnT, so had down pressure & a 200lbs weight over the gearbox too.
20170401_133255.jpg
20170402_145306.jpg
DSC06433.jpg

/ Do front skid steer attachments work for tractor front end? #8  

TIA.
"Rated to 2250". Most tractors run about 2,500psi & skid steers hit 3k. You probably want to avoid that one. Also the offset mount on mine looks funky & wrong. But it means you can see it from the cab instead of it being hidden behind the hood. You have enough problems bumping the machine forward or back to keep the hole vertical as the boom arcs when it raises & lowers.

/ Do front skid steer attachments work for tractor front end? #9  
Yes, is the short answer. An auger isn't going to put any particularly higher than normal stress on a loader, unless you got into some odd situation where the auger was in a hole and the tractor slid sideways or something like that. I would be concerned about the quality of that particular auger, but for occasional homeowner/hobby farm use, it may be fine.

/ Do front skid steer attachments work for tractor front end? #10  

TIA.
Yes, they will work. That particular one, :cautious: maybe overpriced. They are on FB from 1300 up (Vesta, Great Bear, JCT, etc) May be fine depending on your use. I’d look at Eterra, Digga, etc before deciding.