Buying Advice DL135 Loader Question

/ DL135 Loader Question #1  

country350

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK35
I am looking at picking up a 1750M tractor with a DL135 loader soon. I burn wood pellets for heat and use my tractor to unload pallets of wood pellets when I buy them for the winter. Can anyone confirm this loader will lift a pallet of wood pellets? The specs on the loader say it will lift 2,420 pounds at the pins but I wanted to get some real world feedback. If it can’t I may just look at a 1740M tractor and save a little money and put up with manually unloading the pellets. Thoughts?

/ DL135 Loader Question #2  
I am looking at picking up a 1750M tractor with a DL135 loader soon. I burn wood pellets for heat and use my tractor to unload pallets of wood pellets when I buy them for the winter. Can anyone confirm this loader will lift a pallet of wood pellets? The specs on the loader say it will lift 2,420 pounds at the pins but I wanted to get some real world feedback. If it can’t I may just look at a 1740M tractor and save a little money and put up with manually unloading the pellets. Thoughts?

I know a guy that has the 1749 and if you look up the loader specs it is the same, 2,420 at the pins. He specifically got this tractor because it could lift a ton of pellets, I watched him do it a couple of days ago. Make sure your back wheels are filled with fluid and you will probably still want a weight box on the back. To answer your question, it absolutely should do it, as the 1749 does

/ DL135 Loader Question #3  
The specs say that the loader is rated for 1,760lbs 20" in front of the pins, so my best guess is that it should lift it...although there wouldn't any room or error, capacity-wise. For instance, my 1643 FEL is rated for something like 1,800lbs at the pins, but I've unloaded large round bales and slabs of concrete that were in the neighborhood of 1,600-1,800lbs each, and they stuck 4'+ out from the pins. However, the loader could NOT lift them, only back them off the trailers. Also, as was mentioned, you will need a significant amount of counterweight, too.

I think you'll be OK with it with a counterweight.

/ DL135 Loader Question
Great thanks for the info. Exactly what I was looking for.