DK5319SE Loader joystick stuck ... will not raise or lower bucket ... HELP!!!

/ DK5319SE Loader joystick stuck ... will not raise or lower bucket ... HELP!!! #1  

antscozz

Tractor
Toolcat 5600
I have a DK5310SE with a KL5521 loader with 150 hrs on it. I was using it to back drag some millings yesterday and suddenly the joystick would no longer move to lift or raise the bucket. The lever cannot move at all when trying. The tilt and roll still works fine. I pulled the joystick and removed the boot to inspect the guts but see nothing wrong. I did remove and reconnect the quick connects also. I don't know where to begin troubleshooting .... the dealer I purchased from says at least 4 weeks before they cold get to look at ti and I need it to complete my driveway .... Any suggestions?

/ DK5319SE Loader joystick stuck ... will not raise or lower bucket ... HELP!!! #2  
1690507619990.jpeg

Is the little silver tab on the loader joystick pushed in?

/ DK5319SE Loader joystick stuck ... will not raise or lower bucket ... HELP!!! #4  
No the lock is off .... I removed the boot to confirm.
check the cable connectors on the valve (under right floorboard) itself?

/ DK5319SE Loader joystick stuck ... will not raise or lower bucket ... HELP!!! #5  
check the cable connectors on the valve (under right floorboard) itself?
It sounds a lot like the spool controller stuck, especially since this is on the Boom Lift function that contains the "float" detent. The spool controller is located on the Joystick Valve, opposite side from the spool / cable connection. The Boom controller is easily identified since it is the longer of the 2 spool controllers due to the float position. You can remove the controller cover by removing the 2 socket screws, and carefully pull the cover off. There are steel balls in the detent lock for the float position, so make sure you don't loose the balls. Once the cover is removed, move the joystick lever to assure the return spring in the spool controller is moving freely. If all good, using axle grease, carefully replace the detent balls in the controller cover and re-install the cover. It is possible that one of the detent balls is lodged on the spool controller.

Hope this helps

/ DK5319SE Loader joystick stuck ... will not raise or lower bucket ... HELP!!!
It sounds a lot like the spool controller stuck, especially since this is on the Boom Lift function that contains the "float" detent. The spool controller is located on the Joystick Valve, opposite side from the spool / cable connection. The Boom controller is easily identified since it is the longer of the 2 spool controllers due to the float position. You can remove the controller cover by removing the 2 socket screws, and carefully pull the cover off. There are steel balls in the detent lock for the float position, so make sure you don't loose the balls. Once the cover is removed, move the joystick lever to assure the return spring in the spool controller is moving freely. If all good, using axle grease, carefully replace the detent balls in the controller cover and re-install the cover. It is possible that one of the detent balls is lodged on the spool controller.

Hope this helps
This is what I was guessing after scouring the web .... I will pop the detent cap tomorrow morning and hope for the best! Thanks!

/ DK5319SE Loader joystick stuck ... will not raise or lower bucket ... HELP!!! #7  
This is fairly common on the Kiotis?

/ DK5319SE Loader joystick stuck ... will not raise or lower bucket ... HELP!!!
So it was in fact the detent that was rusted and jammed. A quick cleaning and greasing and we are back in business. I appreciate the help!

/ DK5319SE Loader joystick stuck ... will not raise or lower bucket ... HELP!!! #9  
Had a similar problem. Seems to come from factory with very little grease.