DK50 Test Drive - Hey Vin!!!

/ DK50 Test Drive - Hey Vin!!! #1  

markie61

Veteran Member
Tractor
2019 Rural King RK55HC with Loader & Backhoe; 2001 New Holland TC40D with Loader
--> Hey, Vin!!!! You listening!!!!!!!!!???
I knew you were..... /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif <--

Tested the DK50 today with the 1470 loader and I am in love /w3tcompact/icons/love.gif! Now if I can only afford it.... I LOVE the sound of the turbo spinning - I can see why Vin (daedong) loves his.

This is the first one I have seen or driven with the ROPS/sunshade option. All the others I saw were cab models. It had R4's. Here's my review:

I find nothing ojectionable about this tractor. There is nothing to hate. My only nitpicks are the 1) cheesy tilt-wheel adjustment (you've heard that from me before) but it doesnt interfere with the PTO switch like on the DK35 - the PTO switch is elsewhere (on the fender, I think...) and 2) the range select knob wasn't very precise and had to be engaged with some force to where the handle's knob hit the tractor body.

The things to love are too numerous to mention them all. High points are 12x12 sychro shuttle is great, single spool remote standard, extendible links (should make 1-man implements changes a snap), great fit/finish and - did I mention? - POWER!!!

I want one! I'll be putting out requests for pricing over the next couple weeks. If any dealers out there - and I KNOW you are out there - want to deliver one to Virginia and be considered, send me a private email.

By the way, I test-drove Branson, Kubota, and New Holland today! It was a VERY good day /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif!

/ DK50 Test Drive - Hey Vin!!! #2  
WOW 2 acres plus the in-laws 28. What are you going to do with all that tractor!!!! I'm in Virginia but a little south of you. What price range do you think the DK50's are in? I'll probably end up with a 35 or 40 :)

/ DK50 Test Drive - Hey Vin!!! #3  
<font color=blue>extendible links (should make 1-man implements changes a snap),</font color=blue>
Easier? Yes. A snap? I guess it's a function of how you define 'a snap'. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif (From someone who has extendible links)

/ DK50 Test Drive - Hey Vin!!!
<font color=orange>What are you going to do with all that tractor!!!! </font color=orange>

I plan to -
Clear woods, recontour the earth, plow/disc/till gardens, begin a Xmas tree operation, move firewood, split firewoods, maybe deliver firewoods, restart pastures, unload pallets for my furniture business, maybe bale hay, build a pole barn, build stalls, build an addition, chip up branches, .....
Like many here, I plan to have this tractor for 30-40 years (I'm only 41 /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif). In fact, my kids will dig my grave with it! Not many complain about too many horses and too much weight (a few, but they are the exception), but many-a-person on this site upgrades to bigger and more powerful.

<font color=orange>What price range do you think the DK50's are in?</font color=orange>

I'm guessing around $20K, but I haven't started to negotiate just yet. I'm also going to price the DK45 as well - same tractor/different engine. Most dealers deliver or arrange delivery - I feel comfortable dealing in a 2 hours range.

I've read your posts - you decided anything yet?

/ DK50 Test Drive - Hey Vin!!!
<font color=orange>I guess it's a function of how you define 'a snap'</font color=orange>

Your point is taken - it's GOT to be a snap compared to putting the bushhog on the old '55 Ford, though....

You like your Boomer? The TC45 is on my list and it was the Boomers on which I first saw those links...

Mark

/ DK50 Test Drive - Hey Vin!!! #6  
I haven't had a chance to go test drive any so I haven't made up my mind. Plus I still have the BX22. I've got quite a few people interested in it but no one has showed up with any money:) I know what you mean the horses. I wasn't trying to say you were wrong for getting such a big tractor but I was wondering what use you would have for it, and now I see. I'm 25 and the next tractor I buy SHOULD be the last one I buy :)

/ DK50 Test Drive - Hey Vin!!! #7  
<font color=blue>You like your Boomer? </font color=blue>
Yep, love it. October was the end of my first year of ownership, and while there was a learning curve coming from a garden tractor, once I got comfortable on a much larger tractor it's been great. The dealer has been excellent as well.

/ DK50 Test Drive - Hey Vin!!! #8  
Hi Mark

I am flattered by your heading. Do i really blow their (daedong) trumpet that loud /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif they really deserve a big band i think/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ DK50 Test Drive - Hey Vin!!! #9  
Markie61

It does sound like you had a great day /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif.

You aren't as bad as me,,, I only have 9 acres!!

RedDog <font color=orange> Kioti DK65 </font color=orange>