DK45SE, 1 tranny drain plug, not 2???

/ DK45SE, 1 tranny drain plug, not 2??? #1  

mark.r

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SE
According to the manual there is two drain plug, one looks like it is on the side of the mid mount PTO (which I don't have a mid mount PTO). However, the tractor acutally only looks to have one large plug towards the rear on the tranny case. Is this correct? I just drain the fluid using the large orange painted bolt on the rear trans. case and it looks like I got nearly 10g. from that location so I am assuming the manual has a picture from one of the other tractors (DK35/45s) that it covers.

Can any confirm for me.

Thanks.

/ DK45SE, 1 tranny drain plug, not 2??? #2  
Well, it is late and dark so hard to check. I took a bunch of photos of exactly these things at Rick's BarBQ last month but don't have the photos with me this weekend. So, I took my camera and shot a few flash pictures under my DK40se. I believe the DK40se and 45se hydros are pretty much identical. I can only see one drain for the hydraulic system. There are two for the engine oil but only one for hydro. Also two or three for the front axles as I recall.

I'll double check my DK40 in the AM. I need to change mine too (first filter/fluid change a few hours overdue now).

Attachments

• IMG_1903.JPG
    IMG_1903.JPG
    355 KB · Views: 224
Last edited:
   / DK45SE, 1 tranny drain plug, not 2???
IslandTractor said:
Well, it is late and dark so hard to check. I took a bunch of photos of exactly these things at Rick's BarBQ last month but don't have the photos with me this weekend. So, I took my camera and shot a few flash pictures under my DK40se. I believe the DK40se and 45se hydros are pretty much identical. I can only see one drain for the hydraulic system. There are two for the engine oil but only one for hydro. Also two or three for the front axles as I recall.

I'll double check my DK40 in the AM. I need to change mine too (first filter/fluid change a few hours overdue now).

Yep, that is exactly what I was seeing. I used the large orange painted one as seen in your picture and from what I could tell got just about 10 gallons out. It states 11.1 gallons but I sure there is residual left in the lines and in the system to account for the rest.

Thanks for the looking.

What is the back frame in your picture. That's not your loader frame is it? Backhoe mount?

/ DK45SE, 1 tranny drain plug, not 2??? #4  
mark.r said:
What is the back frame in your picture. That's not your loader frame is it? Backhoe mount?

Woods BH frame for BH-90x.

I double checked this morning. One tranny drain is all I can find. As noted, there are two oil drains for the engine and three drains for the front axle/drive but only one hydraulic fluid drain.

IslandTractor said:
Woods BH frame for BH-90x.

I double checked this morning. One tranny drain is all I can find. As noted, there are two oil drains for the engine and three drains for the front axle/drive but only one hydraulic fluid drain.

Ok, thanks. That's what I'm seeing too.

/ DK45SE, 1 tranny drain plug, not 2??? #6  
Gasp........!

Island please get that thing DIRTY!

RD

MotorSeven said:
Gasp........!

RD

It is rather clean. :D

/ DK45SE, 1 tranny drain plug, not 2??? #8  
MotorSeven said:
Gasp........!

RD

Like this?

I don't know why the undercarriage is so clean in that photo except that I had just spent the day mowing 3ft high grass which must have polished it up. A few weeks ago I was about up to the axles in mud and had to use the loader to claw my way out.

Also, note in the earlier photo that the orange paint is almost all rubbed off the hydro drain plug. Maybe I should stop polishing under there or at least cut back on the rubbing compound.

Attachments

• IMG_4455smallfile.jpg
    IMG_4455smallfile.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_4456smallfile.jpg
    IMG_4456smallfile.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 113
   / DK45SE, 1 tranny drain plug, not 2??? #9  
IslandTractor said:
Like this?

I don't know why the undercarriage is so clean in that photo except that I had just spent the day mowing 3ft high grass which must have polished it up.

High grass is tractor dental floss for the undercarriage.;) :)

Don