DK45 popping out of reverse

/ DK45 popping out of reverse #1  

rd_macgregor

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SC, Kubota B2650
Has anybody else had this problem? Last winter my DK45S (gear drive) started popping out of reverse. This happens most often when I am back dragging snow or dirt, but has also happened when backing up out of a sharp dip. I can manually hold the lever in reverse, but I really don't have enough hands to steer, adjust the bucket and hold the lever at the same time (and I need my left foot for the clutch!).
Any suggestions?
BOB

/ DK45 popping out of reverse #2  
Bent shift fork??
But first lube everything up good, spray PB Blaster where the forward/reverse shifter goes into the case.

BTI

/ DK45 popping out of reverse #3  
   / DK45 popping out of reverse
Thanks for the responses. I'm hoping its something as simple as additional lube! I'm not eager to get into splitting the trans, and its off warranty now.
BOB

/ DK45 popping out of reverse #5  
My CK27 popped out of reverse last weekend a few times while I was trying to back up a steep hill. I was clearing some blackberry bushes and other small trees and such. It scared me at first because the incline was steep. I also found that I could hold the lever in the reverse position and it work. Once I backed to the top of the hill and parked it, I got off and looked around underneath. As it turns out, I had a big branch stuck under there that was hitting the linkage. I remove it...no damage. It's worked fine ever since.

Are you sure your linkage isn't hitting something?

/ DK45 popping out of reverse #6  
Kioti has lots of syncronizers problems in the dk 45,55,65 and did a few 90's

most the time jumping out of gear was a bent fork

/ DK45 popping out of reverse #7  
Kioti has lots of syncronizers problems in the dk 45,55,65 and did a few 90's

most the time jumping out of gear was a bent fork

I've only seen a couple of threads on this issue. You'd think there would be many more if it was such a widespread issue as you portray.

You're a Montana dealer?

Don

/ DK45 popping out of reverse #8  
I think he has a landscaping business & tractor dealership, Montana & McCormick among other small power equipment. I wonder if he used to sell Kioti, perhaps he has some background on this other than it happens frequently?

/ DK45 popping out of reverse #9  
Yea i worked at kioti for 4 years they are great tractors but do have syncronizer problems and clutch problems ,and a few other weak spots. Most of them jump out of gear or grind going in to gear on the shuttle shift.

Yea im now at montana and mccormick but still doing work on the kioti's.

/ DK45 popping out of reverse #10  
I've been wondering how I can reduce the likelihood of grinding when going from forward to reverse and visa versa with my shuttle.

Any advice. Typically not a problem, I'm thinking the obvious point is to come to a complete stop, any other pointers?

Ran the machine hard today for 5 hours straight, great seat time digging with hoe and boxblading. Really like the size and capability of my machine, perfect for my needs. Pulled some big rocks today.

Joel