DK40SE HST - neutral safety switch problem

/ DK40SE HST - neutral safety switch problem #31  
What is interesting is the actual cruise function worked OK, but the cold temp, not indicating what range the tractor is in, and allowing a start in a range problem was something I decided they could fix under warranty.

We have run into this on a few models. Kioti service told us there were some cruise modules that were from a "bad batch" and when they were cold it was like the contacts inside would not make proper connection. We had two units (Landini's not Kioti's but same thing different color) that had this issue. One had a faulty cruise switch in the dash which caused grief with the tractor going into a range programming mode. This same unit also had the cruise unit faulty causing the range lights not to show in the dash. A second unit had a faulty cruise unit and range neutral switch and took a bunch of testing to finally diagnose it. Electrical problems can be a pain since they don't always "act up". Between these couple units, impatient customers, and always the possibility of a faulty key switch, it took some time to diagnose and fix them properly. Glad they are fixed now (for the customers and us!).

/ DK40SE HST - neutral safety switch problem #32  
We have run into this on a few models. Kioti service told us there were some cruise modules that were from a "bad batch" and when they were cold it was like the contacts inside would not make proper connection. We had two units (Landini's not Kioti's but same thing different color) that had this issue. One had a faulty cruise switch in the dash which caused grief with the tractor going into a range programming mode. This same unit also had the cruise unit faulty causing the range lights not to show in the dash. A second unit had a faulty cruise unit and range neutral switch and took a bunch of testing to finally diagnose it. Electrical problems can be a pain since they don't always "act up". Between these couple units, impatient customers, and always the possibility of a faulty key switch, it took some time to diagnose and fix them properly. Glad they are fixed now (for the customers and us!).

HI

Wonder if this part would be covered even if warranty is over.. mine is a 2009 with 620hrs on it and it has this problem. If it and from a bad batch I figure this should not be a cost to me.. I do believe recalls happen when tractors can start in gear.. :0) safety and everything..

Any thoughts on who to contact?

/ DK40SE HST - neutral safety switch problem #33  
HI

Wonder if this part would be covered even if warranty is over.. mine is a 2009 with 620hrs on it and it has this problem. If it and from a bad batch I figure this should not be a cost to me.. I do believe recalls happen when tractors can start in gear.. :0) safety and everything..

Any thoughts on who to contact?

Good luck with that.:) What ever you do don't call Connie.:eek:

/ DK40SE HST - neutral safety switch problem #34  
Good luck with that.:) What ever you do don't call Connie.:eek:

I'm definitely going to stir the pot.... :0) they are totally liable on anything that happens from cold or heat if it's a bad part.

Even if we know better to start it with the brake on doesn't make it right. Mistakes do happen and might be someone else or a kid jumping in.. they like to press pedales.. haha

Worth the fight for a few $$.. only a couple hundred but still..

/ DK40SE HST - neutral safety switch problem #35  
Well then start with your dealers Kioti rep for sure.

/ DK40SE HST - neutral safety switch problem #36  
Well then start with your dealers Kioti rep for sure.

We had a storm this week and this morning was cold.. -14 Celsius didn't have it plugged in or anything.. started right up.. first turn.

But.. no lights on the dash were on.. lol once it got warm the lights came on.. :0) Glad I had the 50hp as the gf kinda was sideways down the driveway 3 feet.. little mistake on how close the side bank was.. haha

/ DK40SE HST - neutral safety switch problem #37  
MiscFeb14032.jpg
I was doing some research and found this post. I have a new Kioti hydro .It appears I have the same 'sensor' as the picture and the location is the same When I turn the key on the 'N" (neutral light) comes on and then goes out.I start the tractor and the light never comes on when I have it in neutral. The manual doesnt tell me much so my question is if its in full running position and you shift to neutral does the light come on to tell you its in neutral/Seems like it is supposed to.

Thanks for your time.

/ DK40SE HST - neutral safety switch problem #38  
OLD THREAD!!

My 2008?? DK40HST has been shutting off at random. It always restarts. My cruise control stopped working a couple years ago and never seem to have time to look into it. This random dying was happening before the cruise control stopped working. It did it this morning. First it had a split second stall but recovered then less than a minute later died. I recall people having issues with the neutral switch which this says it's a pot. This was the first thread I found. That last few times I thought my leg was pushing on the shifter but have jiggled the lever when running to no avail. I've been living with it as it can run quite awhile then one day it dies. It always restarts just fine.