DK 45SE HST - Starting in any range not just neutral

/ DK 45SE HST - Starting in any range not just neutral #1  

dourobob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Wheel Horse 522xi
I may have mentioned this before but it seems to be the only little mystery left with my DK45 SE HST with cab.

Since the wiring harness was replaced it has been running without fail but ... I notice when it is cold and I wish to start it there is no light on the dash to indicate if the range selector is is L M H or N and it will start in any of those positions.

Sometimes, after it has been running for a while the appropriate dash light comes on and then it will ONLY start if the range selector is in neutral.

No other symptoms that I have noticed. Thought about a loose connector or ??? and when I talked with my dealer he said they will do some investigating with KIOTI.

Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this.

Thanks.

Bob

/ DK 45SE HST - Starting in any range not just neutral #2  
I would consider a loose connector possibly at the back of the dash console, or some damage to the electronics in the console as a result of the prior harness damage. I'd definitely want to check for possible loose connections first, or possibly a bent pin in one of the connectors or at the console's connection points.
Does the 'gear position' indicator ever show what gear its in, light on, when cold - on first start of the day?
Until this issue is resolved I'd certainly make sure you are in neutral and set the parking brake before turning the key to crank - (cold or hot engine).

/ DK 45SE HST - Starting in any range not just neutral #3  
I think that happen to me once last year before Bachelder worked on the wiring. I think a hammer fixed it until the tractor got to dealer. :D