Dixie Chopper 60" deck questions/knowledge?

/ Dixie Chopper 60" deck questions/knowledge? #1  

choppercraz

Tractor
Dixie Chopper
Have the XW 2000 model. Decks on these are known to rot away. I will be fixing the one I got. Good Metal and welding is not a problem. My question comes with the front mulching baffles. The right one is still there the left one is not. The deck no longer has the chute guard flop down cage with holes in it. Don't really care. my plan is to hook up the bagging system I have. My question is this. How important is the muching baffles if a bagging system get's installed? Would having the mulching baffles and adjusting them downward as much as can, create a wind tunnel that would make the grass catcher...leaf catcher work even better? With other tractors/decks that have a bagging system have blades that are recommended ...I think they are called "hi-lift"...does this apply to Dixie Decks too that will be baggin'? Thanks for any idea's ...thoughts

/ Dixie Chopper 60" deck questions/knowledge? #2  
Can you post a photo or two of the mulching baffles, or at least, what they are suppose to look like.

Welcome to TBN 📣

/ Dixie Chopper 60" deck questions/knowledge? #3  
I had that same exact setup. I couldn’t tell any difference with them in or out.
There’s also a flap that slides down across the front when bagging that I did find to make a difference. It would have blowout when bagging if the flap was up.
I mowed with it at 2”.