Dismount Kawasaki Mule tire, how??

/ Dismount Kawasaki Mule tire, how?? #1  

beppington

Elite Member
Tractor
Here
I need to un-seat & dis-mount a tire on my Kawasaki Mule 610.

I don't know how to do either!

Should I leave this to the pro's?

I've already let the air out, but the bead doesn't want to un-seat. Stays jammed in there tight. Is there a way a mere mortal without special tools can un-seat it?

And if so, after it's un-seated, how can I get the tire off the rim, without ruining the edge of the rim, etc.?

Thank you ... and a Happy Turkey Day to all!

/ Dismount Kawasaki Mule tire, how?? #2  
take a jack-all and stick front bottom plate on the tire just at the edge of the rim and start jacking somthing real heavy. Here we use one of the big tractor draw bars. We even do the big tractor back tires like this and its the best thing going. Just jam the other side the wheal with a chuck a wood under your truck trailer hitch or draw bar so it dont flip up on u while jacking and put a bit a soap in there and just pound the inside of the tire ....dont hit the rim....it will let go. The big part is done...to take the tire off use dish soap and a few flat bars with rounded edges. Better go to google it and it should be simple...trust me. Salut

/ Dismount Kawasaki Mule tire, how?? #3  
I just use the front edge of by bucket on my atv tires. Take the valve stem out. lay the tire/wheel flat on the ground and gently press down on the tire close to the rim (but missing the rim) with the bucket. It will unseat the bead and you can wrestle it off from there.

/ Dismount Kawasaki Mule tire, how?? #4  
Not that easy, my 550 Mule has a ridge inside the bead area that makes them hard to dis-mount! ~~ grnspot

/ Dismount Kawasaki Mule tire, how??
Well, I released all the air, then set two pieces of 2x4 on the sides of the tire & set my loader on the boards, pushing sideways to try to un-seat the bead from the rim ... NO GO! Even with all that loader weight on them, they wouldn't un-seat. Wow, these tires' beads are really set. Ended up taking them to a tire shop where they promptly removed them in a 5 minutes flat ... & for free! :thumbsup:

Took the new tires to another shop that charged me all of $10 to mount & seat them :thumbsup:

They must feel sorry for me.

/ Dismount Kawasaki Mule tire, how?? #6  
I guess my question is why you didnt let the same tire shop put on the new ones.
Not every tire shop can handle the small rim sizes. I was trying to replace the tires on my ZTR mower and didnt find anyone who could put the new ones on. Finally found a place to buy tires already mounted on rims. B-I-L's Gator was the same way and same rim size but much taller and wider tire. We took it to 2 different place and no one in town could fix it. But we finally did find a place to work on it to replace the valve stem for $3. Most tire shops that deal in auto and truck tires cant do the 8" rims.

/ Dismount Kawasaki Mule tire, how?? #7  
did you try putting in under a truck tire right up to the rim and rolling over it slowly.this should push the tire down and break the bead. another thing to try is sandwitch it beteenw two 4x4's and put it under the rear of the truck right under the reciever hitch then wrap a rope around the ends of the 4x4's on one side and put a jack on the other side pushing down this should do the trick too. for this to work you do need some air pressure in the tire when doing it.