DiscountHydraulicHose.com

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com #1  

Harry in Ky

Veteran Member
Tractor
Allis Chalmers ED 40
Has anyone placed an order with these people recently? I've ordered lots of fittings, hose ends, etc from them over the past few years. Have gotten excellent service (including customer service) without issue. Until now. It's like they've closed the doors and refuse to admit it.

I placed an order back on 8 / 22. There were a couple items on back order (supposedly until 8 / 28). That day came and went, the order status hasn't changed since. They don't answer E mails, phone calls, texts,or any other communication requests. All I get are robo responses, nothing is ever followed up or responded to.

Just wondered if anyone else has seen similar things.

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com #2  
Holidays possibly? Don't know how that works in the US, so just guessing. But over here it's a common time for businesses to go on holidays.

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com
I considered that, with Labor Day weekend in the middle of this. Three day holiday weekends always disrupt shipping, that's a fact, and no denying it. This isn't just about shipping. It's about response period. Many businesses stop operations for vacations, holidays, etc, but most will reflect that in their robo/answering machine messaging. I had a question concerning an order I had placed just two days prior to this one. One phone call and I was on the line with a rep who sorted the issue right there. She mentioned no such changes or upcoming shutdowns in the works. Since I placed this order, it has been "radio silence" from them. Not one meaningful response in over a half dozen attempts now.

I just wondered if anyone else has been in contact with them for any reason and what has come of it?

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com #4  
Considering that most of their stuff comes in overseas containers and the current jam up at the Panama Canal due to low water levels, I suspect their inventory is pretty low.

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com #5  
I emailed them with a few questions ~4 weeks ago, never heard back. Took my business elsewhere.

So it's not just me. Too bad, they were a good source and fit my needs well. I guess I too will move on to other providers.

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com #7  
I ordered a couple of threaded fittings came in a week or less later from them last month. No issues. Ordered on 8/8 received on 8/14

I've been dealing with them since sometime in 2016. Last order was placed 9 / 28. All came through without a problem.

Different world today.

/ DiscountHydraulicHose.com #9  
It might be worth asking at your local parts stores. Some of them in my area will make a new hydraulic hose while you wait. Just bring in the bad hose, and they'll make a new one just like it (that doesn't leak). O'Reilly Auto Parts does it in my area.

When I need a new hose, I'm usually right in the middle of trying to get something done, so it's nice to not have to wait a week to get the replacement. I have found the price to be similar to mail order.

There are a number of places to get a hose made "in a pinch". That's not my intent here. I order fittings, adapters, and hose ends in quantity. Placing a large enough order to negate the cost (per item) of freight. This has been a good source to that end. At least it was until now.