Dirty Kubota Fuel Tank

/ Dirty Kubota Fuel Tank #1  

inversnaid

Tractor
TEA20
I seem to be having the same sort of fuel issue quite a few other Kubota owners have faced and that is something floating around in the fuel tank, causing intermittent blockages to fuel flow. I'm sick of having to remove the fuel line from the first filter and using an air hose to blow out the fuel line. Not only is it a pain but I always manage to soak my arm in diesel once the blockage clears. I'm wondering if there is a simple way of clearing the fuel tank of foreign matter without having to remove it completely. Seems removing the tank on a BX25D is quite an involved process and one I'd rather not have to undertake. Thanks.

/ Dirty Kubota Fuel Tank #2  
If you suspect a single object and not a substantially contaminated mess, I would consider trying an inspection camera and something to grab debris with.

/ Dirty Kubota Fuel Tank #3  
I use this fuel filter when I fill my Kubota with diesel.

The little remaining in the filter I pour out on my driveway.

/ Dirty Kubota Fuel Tank #4  
Blowing a blockage back into your tank is just moving the problem to another day. I suggest you pump the fuel out of the tank and look in.

/ Dirty Kubota Fuel Tank
Blowing a blockage back into your tank is just moving the problem to another day. I suggest you pump the fuel out of the tank and look in.
Yeah I understand that. That was a short term solution so I could get the necessary work done, but obviously got a bit lazy and it became a bit of an ongoing thing. Can empty the tank no worries but how would I be able to see inside it?

/ Dirty Kubota Fuel Tank
If you suspect a single object and not a substantially contaminated mess, I would consider trying an inspection camera and something to grab debris with.
Not sure what it is because it's not small enough to make it through to the fuel filter.

/ Dirty Kubota Fuel Tank #9  
if it's happening to many i wonder if there's something that is degrading over time by the fuel and it will continue to be a problem. i wonder if this should be a recall

/ Dirty Kubota Fuel Tank #10  
You may bring it out when you pump the fuel out of the tank , I would look real close if not I would stick a shop vac hose down into the tank to see if I could get it that way.