Dirt Speed Mover

/ Dirt Speed Mover #1  

dirt ditch

Veteran Member
Tractor
A friend of mine built himself a speed mover to pull behind his JD 655. Besides using it to smooth out his driveway, he has leveled 2 large yards with several dump truck loads of dirt. He already had the metal, the wheels and tires were salvaged off a riding lawnmower and the cutting blade came off a loader. The only thing that cost him besides the hydraulic cylinder and hoses was he took the sheet metal to a fabrication shop where they build oil field tanks. They bent the back sheet to the angle he wanted in a huge metal break then cut the side plates to size on a large metal shear. It cost him 40 bucks but it saved him a lot of time building it.

Last edited:
   / Dirt Speed Mover #2  
dirt ditch said:
A friend of mine built himself a speed mover to pull behind his JD 655. Besides using it to smooth out his driveway, he has leveled 2 large yards with several dump truck loads of dirt. He already had the metal, the wheels and tires were salvaged off a riding lawnmower and the cutting blade came off a loader. The only thing that cost him besides the hydraulic cylinder and hoses was he took the sheet metal to a fabrication shop where they build oil field tanks. They bent the back sheet to the angle he wanted in a huge metal break then cut the side plates to size on a large metal shear. It cost him 40 bucks but it saved him a lot of time building it.
Can I get more details i think i could use somthing like that:cool:

/ Dirt Speed Mover
Ed, the guy did not draw up any plans for the speed mover. He just made it the size he thought would work with his tractor out of the material on hand. In the photo of the rear of the mover you can see that the mover is resting on the trailer but the rod is extended several inches out of the hydraulic cylinder. This limits how high he can raise the blade. Someday he will lower the top-mounting hole to get more height if it becomes a problem. He may also add weight if it has to cut hard ground. Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures, but it was all I had on me at the time.:eek: I know I did not build it myself, but I posted it here because the design is simple, it works well, and if someone like you can get some ideas from it great.;)

Last edited: