Differential issues

/ Differential issues #1  

cwzeek

Tractor
2023 Branson 2400h
I'm new to the Branson tractor world. My buddy has had one for a long time ans has loved it so I made the purchase. I just picked up a 2023 Branson 2400h and the differential appears to not lock in. The tractor has a lever behind your right leg for the differential and I can't get it to move?? Is there something I'm not doing when trying to move it? Any insight would be greatly appreciated, my local dealership didn't do a very good job on the walk around. Thanks

/ Differential issues #2  
Maybe try rocking the tractor forward and back with the HST petals some then try. With a gear tractor I would just pull it forward while gently pushing down on the lock petal. It does not move far.

/ Differential issues #3  
Perhaps you are not pressing the control hard enough. My last two tractors required a lot of pressure to overcome the return spring.
I actually sprained my back once many years ago using the differential heel pedal.

/ Differential issues
Thanks for the responses. Do you know on this particular tractor if a light comes on the dash when engaged? It feels like it is not fully engaging

/ Differential issues #5  
There may only be one or two positions for the linkage to drop the pin into the hole on the entire circumference of the ring gear (inside the differential).

So you may have to hold downward pressure on the pedal with your heel while slowly driving forward (or backwards) far enough to get it to drop in. You'll feel it when it does.

It also helps greatly to have the front tires only pointed straight ahead (no turning).