differences in x-ref filters...

/ differences in x-ref filters... #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
was picking up a ac/delco pf61e oil filter for the wife's 2000 yukon xl 1500

anyway, initially couldn't find one, so xref'd it... book at store said fram ph 3675

I hit the fram online xref and it lists both a ph 3675 and a ph 9837

i looked at their specs.

the 3675 has an AD valve.. the 9837 doesn't/

other than that the filters appear near identical. there is a 2 thou different in height and gasket OD ( not an issue. )

With the filter installed in a vertical position, with gasket facing up.. I guess? the lack of an AD valve isn't much of an issue..

just wondered why fram crosses both of them to the pf61e since one does and one doesn't have ad valve. and that .. normally would be a big issue I'd think.

more research.. neither the frams nor the ac fitler have relief valves.. and well.. the ac doesn't have an AD valve either! :)

so i guess it makes no difference.. :)

/ differences in x-ref filters... #2  

anyway, initially couldn't find one, so xref'd it... book at store said fram ph 3675

i looked at their specs.

other than that the filters appear near identical. there is a 2 thou different in height and gasket OD ( not an issue. )

With the filter installed in a vertical position, with gasket facing up.. I guess? the lack of an AD valve isn't much of an issue..

just wondered why fram crosses both of them to the pf61e since one does and one doesn't have ad valve. and that .. normally would be a big issue I'd think.

more research.. neither the frams nor the ac fitler have relief valves.. and well.. the ac doesn't have an AD valve either! :)

So basically the AD valve is just a bonus since it's not really needed or spec'd in the oem filter.

Chris

/ differences in x-ref filters...
yup.. that's my conclusion.. sinc ethe oe ac delco fitler has no ad valve. if an after market has it.. I guess it's a bonus. :)

/ differences in x-ref filters... #4  

i looked at their specs.

There may be applications where the AD valve is required. I agree in a vertical positionit shouldn't be required

we know how often filters of similar types are used in different setups.. so yep. on another engine in a horizontal it could be usefull.

guess it just means i have more choices. :)

/ differences in x-ref filters... #6  
I think it you found the AC number for filter with the AD valve then crossed it to Fram, you would probably only see 1 choice. Not the same 2.

i think you are correct. the non ad valve can cross to the other 2 abut the dbv will only ( should) only cross to another with adb