Differences between GC2400 and GC1700/1705

/ Differences between GC2400 and GC1700/1705 #1  

dnw64

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 Cab
Differences between GC2400 and GC1705

Getting ready to buy a GC2400, and looking at cab options. The Curtis and Sims cabs are waaay to dear (new) for me, and most of the soft ones seem really cheesy. However, the Original Tractor Cab looks like a reasonable compromise, functionally and price wise. However they only show compatibility with the GC1705/1715.

From what I can tell, the 1705/15 is very much the same as the 2300, 2400 & 2600. At least, all the specs are the same so I am assuming that the chassis is the same throughout. I can imagine that fenders/hood may have changed, but they look identical to my eye (in pictures) and most of the joints are pretty flexible/adjustable.

Anyone with more light to shed on this subject?

Thanks,

Last edited:
   / Differences between GC2400 and GC1700/1705 #2  
Re: Differences between GC2400 and GC1705

Getting ready to buy a GC2400, and looking at cab options. The Curtis and Sims cabs are waaay to dear (new) for me, and most of the soft ones seem really cheesy. However, the Original Tractor Cab looks like a reasonable compromise, functionally and price wise. However they only show compatibility with the GC1705/1715.

From what I can tell, the 1705/15 is very much the same as the 2300, 2400 & 2600. At least, all the specs are the same so I am assuming that the chassis is the same throughout. I can imagine that fenders/hood may have changed, but they look identical to my eye (in pictures) and most of the joints are pretty flexible/adjustable.

Thanks,

Good question;
I think they are pretty similar xcept for the loader controls but I imagine it can be modified? Hopefully someone else has this and can chime in for us GC2400 series tractors owners. have you tried calling the manufacturer?

/ Differences between GC2400 and GC1700/1705
I heard back from the OTC company, this is their response:

Our cabs are all made model specific and we do not produce one for the model you are looking for.

I suspect they are covering themselves because they don't want to take liability for something they don't already know.

Anyways, I ended up buying a GC2300 with a Curtis Cab already installed, this evening.

However, I may end up still being able to answer the question, as this is my current crazy idea:

Find a GC2600 or 1715* (both 25HP models) with a loader. Then swap the loader for the blower/cab and sell the old 2300 with the loader. I'm thinking if I buy right I would come out about even, i.e. sell the 2300 for what I paid for it, and have the newer one for the price of the TL.

Of course, this is contingent on cab fitment, so I would do some very careful measurements/comparisons before shelling out the dough for the newer one.

*or a 2400/1705, but you can never have too much power, especially when snow blowing.

/ Differences between GC2400 and GC1700/1705 #4  
I've often wished I had a cab on my 2310, but have learned to live with it... It's not that bad, really-- one of those really lightweight fishing-type of rain suits worn on the outside really works well to keep the snow from penetrating clothing. Rarely, I might also put on a set of motorcycle or ski type goggles. No problems.

/ Differences between GC2400 and GC1700/1705
I've often wished I had a cab on my 2310, but have learned to live with it... It's not that bad, really--

I guess you're just a lot tougher than me... :)

Actually one of the issues is that I wear glasses and therefore wearing goggles or a helmet can be almost more trouble than it's worth (fogging). I have worn a helmet a few times when it was really windy and fluffy snow; I end up having to eventually remove my glasses, when I can see better without them than with them... I believe they make helmets with heated shields which may help the glasses too - not sure. But I'll take my cab :D

/ Differences between GC2400 and GC1700/1705 #6  
I've often wished I had a cab on my 2310, but have learned to live with it... It's not that bad, really-- one of those really lightweight fishing-type of rain suits worn on the outside really works well to keep the snow from penetrating clothing. Rarely, I might also put on a set of motorcycle or ski type goggles. No problems.

I wear my snowmobile pants, jacket and gloves to keep me warm and dry. Only once in six years have I had to resort to wearing my helmet to keep my head warm

/ Differences between GC2400 and GC1700/1705 #7  
Differences between GC2400 and GC1705

Thanks,
I know this thread is 6+ years old but it's still a valid topic. I emailed OTC and asked why their hardtop cab was not sold for the GC1720 when it was sold for the GC1705 and GC1715. The tractors are pretty much identical and I thought it had something to do with the backhoe, which of course is removable. I got a canned superficial "Our cabs are designed for specific models" reply.

I called OTC and they forwarded my call to a "Designer." He was helpful and said the difference was the height of the ROP, it's higher on the GC1720 and their cab has a support bracket that bolts to the top of the ROP. He referred me to their installation instructions posted on their website and he said he thought it would be a simple matter to make a different bracket or modify the existing bracket to make their cab fit on a GC1720. I haven't ordered it yet so I can't speak for what all is involved. If it's so simple I sure don't know why they don't make a different bracket themselves. Part of my point here is don't listen to their email superficial responses, call them and talk to someone who actually knows what is going on.

/ Differences between GC2400 and GC1700/1705 #8  
I know this thread is 6+ years old but it's still a valid topic. I emailed OTC and asked why their hardtop cab was not sold for the GC1720 when it was sold for the GC1705 and GC1715. The tractors are pretty much identical and I thought it had something to do with the backhoe, which of course is removable. I got a canned superficial "Our cabs are designed for specific models" reply.

I called OTC and they forwarded my call to a "Designer." He was helpful and said the difference was the height of the ROP, it's higher on the GC1720 and their cab has a support bracket that bolts to the top of the ROP. He referred me to their installation instructions posted on their website and he said he thought it would be a simple matter to make a different bracket or modify the existing bracket to make their cab fit on a GC1720. I haven't ordered it yet so I can't speak for what all is involved. If it's so simple I sure don't know why they don't make a different bracket themselves. Part of my point here is don't listen to their email superficial responses, call them and talk to someone who actually knows what is going on.
Installing the cab on a fold down ROPS could invite lawsuits. It only takes 1 person to fold it down, roll it, then sue the cab manufacturer for any injuries.

/ Differences between GC2400 and GC1700/1705 #9  
rops on a backhoe unit are, right above the fold point, approx 4" wider than rops on a non-backhoe solid rops on all GC series.
I took a hardtop (some call it sunshade) from a backhoe GC1723 with taller foldable rops altered brackets (no new holes in fiberglass) using 3/4x1 1/4 tube steel to fit my non-backhoe non-foldable rops on GC2400.
know this thread was about a cab but the same problems exist even for sunshades. backhoe units have wider rops.

/ Differences between GC2400 and GC1700/1705 #10  
Installing the cab on a fold down ROPS could invite lawsuits. It only takes 1 person to fold it down, roll it, then sue the cab manufacturer for any injuries.
You lost me here. The cabs don't require that the ROPS be folded down.