Diesel Treament Summer?

/ Diesel Treament Summer? #1  

9973720wb19

Platinum Member
Tractor
Many
I have a JD 3720 with 84hrs. Used treatment in the winter. should i continue to mix treatment with the diesel in the summer...all year round?

thanks in advance for any recomendations...

/ Diesel Treament Summer? #2  
I have a JD 3720 with 84hrs. Used treatment in the winter. should i continue to mix treatment with the diesel in the summer...all year round?

are you talking about anti gel?Here in norther mn. they mix 60/40 for winter use.#2&#1 so we don,t need the anti gel stuff but I know some guys are adding stuff to make up for the low and ultra low sulfur fuel.My new little bob cat 235 was made to use ultra low fuel so I don,t add anything but maybe some of the older bigger tractors need it added.:confused:Dave

/ Diesel Treament Summer? #3  
i would add it , it helps keep algae out and adds cetane to it (like power service) to help aid starting, as well as give power. It makes up for the ultra low sulfer fuels and adds lubricity to the fuel which sulfer use to do, which helps with the injection pumps. Many also will add a two stroke oil instead of a power service or mystery oil, at around the 300:1 ratio to make up for the new fuel. The additives help keep injectors clean and for a small 20-35 hp tractor a $5 bottle will treat like 50 gallons which will last a long time in a small tractor for someone who only puts 50-100 hours a year on a tractor.

I use it in my 30 yr old yanmar to help keep injectors clean and for the lubricity of it as well as the added cetane (says it increases the power, more energy so more power out of a gallon of fuel). Beleive in it if you want to, even if its snake oil it cant hurt from anything you read and the $5-6 i spent there hardly getting rich off the bottle i have had for 6 months and im hardly getting poor for buying it.

-nate

/ Diesel Treament Summer? #4  
Waste of time and money in other than winter.

I had a wax dropout problem with some off road diesel I bought this winter. Next winter, I plan to start treating my fuel in the fall to try to avoid this. I've a can of the white Powerservice stuff.

Only 2 times in the life of our 1983 240D with I use an additive, both times to fix a constant speed ping at about 40 mph. Used Chevron Techron (now a "D" has to be used) both times.

Not sure the additive will fix the wax dropout problem, but it has some antigel. Worth a go in the winter. Waste of money in warmer weather.

Ralph

/ Diesel Treament Summer? #5  

I use diesel additives year around in my Dodge diesel truck,diesel tractor,diesel lawn mower and Kubota RTV diesel.With the low sulfer diesel fuel it adds lubricity IMHO.Do a google search for spicer lubricity test (good info)and pick a good additive.Power service is at the bottom of the list.coobie

/ Diesel Treament Summer? #6  
I just started using Opti-Lube XPD, from what I have read it gives the best lubrication of any other fuel treatment other than a shot of biofuel, hopefully without any of the negatives