Diesel prices take a jump yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Diesel prices take a jump yet again #241  
Climate is long term weather patterns. If current weather changes hold over time, then climate changes. Otherwise it’s variable weather. But there are lots of publications showing changes in trends.
define your definition of long term?

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again #242  
define your definition of long term?
That’s not for me to define. The climate science community has lots of publications on that. I’m not a climate scientist, but I can see trends in forest and rangeland ecology that are climate related (current vs early 1900s).

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again #243  
That’s not for me to define. The climate science community has lots of publications on that. I’m not a climate scientist, but I can see trends in forest and rangeland ecology that are climate related (current vs early 1900s).
Well if you define climate as changing every 25 years, Yeah...there is climate change.

If you define it as changing every 100 years, the change is a lot less pronounced.

And now you know the secret behind climate change. It's not that the climate is really changing all that much, it's just the scope of the time period is shortened.

The rest is just weather changes.

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again #244  
If we start seeing extravagant profits by the oil companies (and politicians), there'll be hell to pay, I reckon...
Amazon made over 50% more profit year over year in 2021. They're making even more than that so far this year.

Why no uproar over their 'windfall profits'?

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again #245  
Amazon made over 50% more profit year over year in 2021. They're making even more than that so far this year.

Why no uproar over their 'windfall profits'?
Maybe consumer has little say...buy or not to buy...but when it come to fuel food etc. not so much...Amzon Walmart etc. just staying under the radar.

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again #246  
Suncor made 2.9 billion in the first quarter. Something to chew on.

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again #248  
Well if you define climate as changing every 25 years, Yeah...there is climate change.

If you define it as changing every 100 years, the change is a lot less pronounced.

And now you know the secret behind climate change. It's not that the climate is really changing all that much, it's just the scope of the time period is shortened.

The rest is just weather changes.
Ok. Since I don’t have a degree in climate science, I’ll defer to your educated judgment.

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again #249  
Ok. Since I don’t have a degree in climate science, I’ll defer to your educated judgment.
You don't need a degree to have some common sense. Is your google broken. This is from your own employer...

"In addition to multi-millennial glacial and interglacial cycles, there are shorter cold-warm cycles that occur on approximately 200 to 1,500 year time scales."

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again #250  
You don't need a degree to have some common sense. Is your google broken. This is from your own employer...

"In addition to multi-millennial glacial and interglacial cycles, there are shorter cold-warm cycles that occur on approximately 200 to 1,500 year time scales."

The IPCC report was prepared by some of the world’s best climatologists. And yes the report you cited has good information. I said nothing about the reason for climate variability, just that the climate we’re working with today isn’t the same as the climate in the early 1900s. I’m not going to debate why, because I honestly think the science isn’t settled as to why, just that it’s changing and we can see trend lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.