Diesel prices take a jump yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Diesel prices take a jump yet again #61  
it still sucks to pay TRIPLE for fuel in 2 years. Especially when you use 4,000-5,000 gallons a year.
Absolutely it does. Everyone who can make it better has their hands tied by the federal government. The industry would love to increase drillling.

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again #63  
Gonna hurt when I fill up my 330 gallon heating oil tank in the next few weeks. We hit $6 a gallon this week. I can offset my winter usage with wood to heat the house, but my spring, summer and fall usage is mostly heating water and I have no other choice for that.

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again #64  
Just an FYI - federal taxes on fuel haven't risen since 1993. Thats about the only federal influence of fuel prices. Raising taxes on fuel is a death nel for a sitting president. They wont touch it with a 10 foot pole for good reason.

State taxes on the other hand thats a totally different ball game. You state government needs $ for fixing roads (even federal roads) so they can sell you your tax hike that way.

IF you want to pay attention to tax hikes on fuel pay attention to your state government and what they are doing and vote accordingly.

Federal influence on fuel prices is very very small. About the only thing they can do is make more fuel available from the strategic reserve (which they have done) and that goes to the real reason for high prices:

Supply
Demand

My much larger concern is where is the money coming from to supply Ukraine with all the new US made weapons of mass destruction?

Ukraine don't have 2 nickels to rub together. Food for thought.

Of course you mean "failed policies" = reducing our federal deficit from 3.1 trillion (*****) to 600 billion (*****) a failed policy?

All you gotta do is follow the money. Oil companies are making HUGE coin now and WE the people are paying for it.

"Exxon annual gross profit for 2021 was $64.202B, a 107.49% increase from 2020"

First quarter 2022 Exxon profits are up X2 first quarter :

"Exxon's 2022 profits doubled in the first quarter to hit $5.48 billion."

Maybe the feds should be taxing these corporations more. Just about the only thing they can do but of course that would again raise the price at the pump... viscous circle.
Eliminating .15-.20/gallon wont really do much when it’s $5-$7/gallon, but it could be a step in the right direction.
The fed should follow the states and have a fuel tax holiday.

Last edited:
   / Diesel prices take a jump yet again #65  
Took this photo about an hour ago in Winnemucca, Nevada...guess I'll let my Cummins rest a lot more this summer.
Gas price 5-3-22r.jpg

And premium costing less than regular...think they got that messed up.

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again #66  
That is high, gas I about $1 a gallon less here and diesel $2 less.

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again #67  
On road here $4.99-$5.39-not many at $4.99 anymore.
Called on farm diesel this morning-$4.39,no road tax & no sales tax.
Propane customer owned tank-$2.09.
Wanted some "rec" 90 ethanol-free Sunday.
$5.39,a buck over 87 regular.
Just couldn't bring myself to pay over 5 bucks!
Just couldn't!

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again #68  
On road here $4.99-$5.39-not many at $4.99 anymore.
Called on farm diesel this morning-$4.39,no road tax & no sales tax.
Propane customer owned tank-$2.09.
Wanted some "rec" 90 ethanol-free Sunday.
$5.39,a buck over 87 regular.
Just couldn't bring myself to pay over 5 bucks!
Just couldn't!
There are a few good vids on YT explaining how to remove the alky from gasoline. Not hard, just messy.

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again
Diesel dropped a bit...a little bit May-04-22 to CAN$2.47L, gas is CAN$1.798L. I swear they drop the price so people will think it's going down, I realize it is but no where near what it went up...........M

/ Diesel prices take a jump yet again #70  
Off road was $4.84 in St. J VT.
Sunoco 87 was $4.17

Status
Not open for further replies.