Diesel Power Motor cycle?

/ Diesel Power Motor cycle? #1  

PBMAX

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC21D
This is cool and at 150 mpg.... Wholy cow batman!!!!!! and can run on Bio D of course...

Startwin Motor bike

diesel.jpg

After all the posting about fuel cost. I had to put this here... even though it is a cool thing all by its lonesome.

/ Diesel Power Motor cycle? #2  
That must be a load to handle. Although it does look like the center of gravity is pretty low, so maybe it doesn't turn so bad. With all that torque, I wonder how quick the front wheel comes up on the throttle. Clutch wheelies are probably obsolete there. My Ducati comes up pretty quick on throttle, but I bet not as fast as that.

/ Diesel Power Motor cycle? #4  
Here's a nice Diesel bike. Not so sure it's as fuel efficient. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

MTT Turbine Superbike

/ Diesel Power Motor cycle? #5  
Yeah, I love those things! Also known as Leno's bike, since he was the first to buy one. Totally cool!

/ Diesel Power Motor cycle? #6  
I was at a dirt bike event last weekend and there was an older suzuki cruiser type streetbike there. It had a rotary engine, a wankel. Looked crazy but it was a production bike.

The slow acceleration of a diesel would be a bummer on a motorcycle it would seem.

/ Diesel Power Motor cycle?
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The slow acceleration of a diesel would be a bummer on a motorcycle it would seem.
)</font>

I would think so too, but the guy at the following link said it was ok... on take off but deffinitly not like a 2 stroke.... still in a cruiser style at 150 mpg. I think I could live with it...

militarr enduro deisel

/ Diesel Power Motor cycle? #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was at a dirt bike event last weekend and there was a bike that had a rotary engine, a wankel.
)</font>
===============
One of the worst engines ever built.
I know ask the guy that had one.

/ Diesel Power Motor cycle? #9  
The Army's been using Diesel Kawasakis (I think) for years now, seem to run just fine, no acceleration problems either, and of course, plenty of torque!

Here, I found a small blurb on it, was Kawasaki after all......

Unveiled in May 2001, the M1030M1 is claimed to be the world's first diesel-powered motorcycle designed specifically for military use. It is derived from a stock Kawasaki KLR650, and has been developed jointly by Californian firm Hayes Diversified Technologies and Britain's Royal Military College of Science. It is intended for the British and US military and for NATO. The 580cc diesel engine boasts a 50% improvement in fuel consumption over petrol-engined equivalents, lower emissions, and better cross-country utility. It gets 120 miles per gallon, the engine develops 33ft/lb of torque and the bike has a top speed of 85 mph.