Diesel fuel

/ Diesel fuel #1  

Egon

Epic Contributor
Just got back from a cross Canada trip driving a diesel truck with camper on it.
At one filling station in Northern Ontario Pulled up to the diesel pump, left truck running and told the young lad who came out to fill it up and went inside to use the facilities. Well, the young fellow, had started to put gasoline in the tank before he realized it was a diesel. Fortunetly he only got 6 literes in. Didn't think that amount would hurt anything mixed into a 130 liter tank. We added some conditioner and all went well. Think the young fellow was a lot more shook up than me.
Egon

/ Diesel fuel #2  
I was going to ask if he was wearing a walk-man, but then I remembered how many times I've had young fuel station attendants tell me that I'm at the wrong pump or say something like - "Wow, I didn't know they made diesel cars. Why would you buy one?"

-david

/ Diesel fuel #3  
Yikes..that was a close call. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

My better half by mistake fill the rider lawn mower w/diesel,and what a chore that was removing. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ Diesel fuel
Scarry but the youg fellow caught it in time and all is well. He was a nice lad and scared silly when he came in to tell me. Hope he didn't get in trouble.

Egon

/ Diesel fuel #5  
Last week I was out of town. I was on a mountain back road when I noticed my diesel truck was getting low on fuel. I figured I would stop in the next town. Well, I got stuck in a police road check for over 30 minutes, when my low fuel light came on. Finally I was on my way again and looking for a place that sold diesel. The first place I found that had a sign, I stopped, turned off the engine and got out to fill it up. The diesel pump had a big sticker that said Unleaded Gasoline on it. I was sick. I had no idea how far the next station might be. I went in and asked if it really was diesel and they just laughed and said of course, it was just a reused pump. I was still nervous. So I smelled it, let a little run out on the ground, then put a couple of gallons in. A few miles later I found a truck stop, filled up w/ fresh fuel, and added some conditioner.

That's the only time I've ever had trouble finding diesel in the 4 years I've owned the truck. But it wasn't any fun! /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

--Brad

/ Diesel fuel #6  
I use to drive a Chevy 4x4, 6.2 Diesel. I ordered a military style steel can and mount for it and mounted that in the bed for just that reason. I had to use the fuel in that can more than a few times back then.