Diesel fuel Anti-jell

/ Diesel fuel Anti-jell #1  

bsekf

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota 7030, Long Landtrac 4700
My tractors have "summer" blend in them. Which fuel anti-jell is best?

/ Diesel fuel Anti-jell #4  
I use Stanadyne Performance with every gallon of diesel. Also recommended by the dealer. I have had not problems using it. The bottle did cost about $9, but costs more now (about $15) and I think it is supposed to treat 60 gal. I also use Sta-Bil diesel stabilizer.

/ Diesel fuel Anti-jell #6  
I have used PowerService year round for ten years with no problems.Cheap insurance.

/ Diesel fuel Anti-jell #7  

DIESEL TREAT - Diesel Conditioner & Anti-Gel - Howes ...

Use 1oz for each 5 gal can . Hasn't let me down in over 4 years !
and don't forget to up to dosage if:

- you live in colder climates like me where I snow blow or are moving wood to the boiler etc... at -30f often and your blend is 20/80
- if you are using biodiesel like Ruby Red.
- based on what stage your fuel supplier is at in the switching from grade #2 diesel to the blended #1 and #2. #1 has a lot of kerosene in it and doesn't have paraffin. Depending where you live often winter blend is moving to around 20/80 at mid season. I always get the 50/50 blend cause -30f is really chilly and I see the 20/80 blends some fuel suppliers sell is clouding up at these temps and rather be safe then sorry.

Fingers crossed I have never had to use 911 or similar buying the 50/50 vs the 20/80

/ Diesel fuel Anti-jell #8  
I have also read that the anti-gel should be mixed in the fuel when it is warmer than 15 F above the cloud point.

/ Diesel fuel Anti-jell #9  
I have also used the white bottle "Power Service" with no issues down to -40F.

Mix it according to the direction on the back of the bottle, and you'll be fine.

Mix concentration rates are directly related to how cold it gets in your area.

/ Diesel fuel Anti-jell #10  
I’ve had my tractor gel with Howes. Watch the video, it shows which are best. I’ve learned to blend some Kerosene in when it gets really cold.