Did ya'll realize the Grand L 5240 & 5740 is only available with HST?

/ Did ya'll realize the Grand L 5240 & 5740 is only available with HST? #1  

beppington

Elite Member
Tractor
Here
Does that put the Hydro vs Gear argument to bed? :laughing:

/ Did ya'll realize the Grand L 5240 & 5740 is only available with HST? #2  
For my use of a CUT, that argument has been "to bed" for a long time. :)

And like trucks, how easy is it to get a stick shift nowadays? (I don't know the answer to that :) )

/ Did ya'll realize the Grand L 5240 & 5740 is only available with HST? #3  
For my use of a CUT, that argument has been "to bed" for a long time. :)

And like trucks, how easy is it to get a stick shift nowadays? (I don't know the answer to that :) )

I am going to see if I can get my next F150 (or F250) with a HST:) Not sure it would be great MPG but would be great to drive and easy to parallel park!

/ Did ya'll realize the Grand L 5240 & 5740 is only available with HST? #4  
That argument will never die. My youngest son and I were working today moving trees and bush hogging. I had driven the M8540 for the past four days and needed the L5030 to get in some places the other tractor wouldn't fit, so we swapped tractors. I sat there for a bit trying to figure out how to make it go. I sure wish they made the big ones with HST.

/ Did ya'll realize the Grand L 5240 & 5740 is only available with HST? #5  
Indeed.

I would love to have a Kubota 85hp HST model. Even 75 horse would do.

/ Did ya'll realize the Grand L 5240 & 5740 is only available with HST? #6  
It's a beautiful thing!
After just two days with the 5740...well let's just say a beautiful relationship has emerged. Sure it whines like an HST but after just two days...it's music to my ears not to mention my back and arm. Creeping forward that little inch or half an inch is better than slipping a clutch any day in my book. My wife's getting the biggest kick watching me come inside with a smile that goes from ear to ear.

/ Did ya'll realize the Grand L 5240 & 5740 is only available with HST? #7  
I am going to see if I can get my next F150 (or F250) with a HST Not sure it would be great MPG but would be great to drive and easy to parallel park!

Honestly, after working with the L3400 HST all weekend, and getting into my truck later, I have wondered for a split second why it does not reverse when I press backward with my heel!
James K0UA

/ Did ya'll realize the Grand L 5240 & 5740 is only available with HST? #8  
They also sell a 5040 that only comes in GST. If I'm not mistaken the 4740, 5040, 5240, and the 5740 all use the same engine (other than the turbo).

/ Did ya'll realize the Grand L 5240 & 5740 is only available with HST? #9  
Honestly, after working with the L3400 HST all weekend, and getting into my truck later, I have wondered for a split second why it does not reverse when I press backward with my heel!
James K0UA

Did you remember to put it in drive? I think I have only shifted out of M once to try high and low. Now I just leave it in M and the auto throttle on and start it that way.

/ Did ya'll realize the Grand L 5240 & 5740 is only available with HST?
Did you remember to put it in drive? I think I have only shifted out of M once to try high and low. Now I just leave it in M and the auto throttle on and start it that way.

I use H to get to & from my property (4-mi 1-way trip), M for general driving around & mowing while at the property, & L to pull stumps & trees.