Did that dipstick move?

/ Did that dipstick move? #1  

jinman

Rest in Peace
Tractor
NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee
If you go to check the oil in your tractor and the dipstick moves, you might just find out what your own fluid levels are.
/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Attachments

• 655564-dipstick.jpg
    655564-dipstick.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 446
   / Did that dipstick move?
Notice the warning signs on the tractor? I didn't have any problem keeping my hands out of the fan.
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 655565-Warning.jpg
    655565-Warning.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 365
And I checked my Operators Manual for "additional information," but it didn't tell me anything about getting rid of this problem. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Attachments

• 655569-addinfo.jpg
    655569-addinfo.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 336
So I got a 3' stick and forcefully evicted Mr. Rat Snake, but he wanted to go back into the tractor.
/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Attachments

• 655572-Evict.jpg
    655572-Evict.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 336
Because I wouldn't let him return, he went into a blind rage and started chasing and biting at anything that moved. I'd use the stick to pitch him about 10' away from me and he'd turn and come for me no matter what direction I went in. It was really comical. He wanted a "piece of me" really bad.
/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Attachments

• 655576-attitude.jpg
    655576-attitude.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 360
I threatened him with a stick and flicked dirt in his face for over 20 minutes before he became exhausted from the effort of coiling and striking. Finally, he gave up and climbed a tree. It was like he figured out that if he left me alone, I'd leave him alone and we'd go our separate ways in peace.

I haven't had this much fun since I was a kid and used to catch snakes and take them to school in a paper lunch bag. Set the bag out on the playground and just wait for someone to pick it up. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Attachments

• 655577-UpTree2.JPG
    655577-UpTree2.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 319
   / Did that dipstick move? #7  
<font color="red"> I haven't had this much fun since I was a kid and used to catch snakes and take them to school in a paper lunch bag. Set the bag out on the playground and just wait for someone to pick it up. </font>

Oh James, really, you naughty boy!

/ Did that dipstick move? #8  
Great pics. What a surprise.

The 'take 'em to school' thing is something I did too. Let one loose in the top center desk drawer of the typing teacher, and waited for her to do the normal 'sit in the chair, open desk drawer, take out assignment book, etc.' and then find the snake. Nothing happened. About mid class, a blood curdling scream came forth, as she opened a side drawer to get a kleenex, and the snake came out and slithered across the room. Out she went to the principals office, who happened to be her husband. Soon after he came into the room with a frown on his face, closed the door behind him and broke out in side-busting laughter. Guess he was amused by her reaction in his office. Anyway, he spoke my name and said "get that thing out of here". Guess he knew who it was or who would do such a thing. Not sure which. That's just one of the snake stories.

/ Did that dipstick move? #9  
Is a rat snake dangerous?? Never heard of one of them up here in WNY.

You Texas folks sure do have a hard time going anywhere without having company thats not welcome.

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Is a rat snake dangerous?? )</font>

Only if it makes you "wet" your pants and then slip in the puddle on the floor. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif