Did some STEEP mowing today. Pictures

/ Did some STEEP mowing today. Pictures #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Just finished a bushhogging job. Had some pretty steep hills. Some areas pushing 45% grade. And most of the hill was at least 33+%. (or 18 degrees on the meter).

Here are some pics.

IMG_20140815_074408_988.jpgIMG_20140815_091918_729.jpgIMG_20140815_112236_314.jpgIMG_20140815_113717_911.jpgIMG_20140815_121136_248.jpg

/ Did some STEEP mowing today. Pictures #2  
Wow. I've never gone that steep sideways on purpose. I wonder at what point you become too tippy. Your tractor is very similar to mine. I guess my pucker factor is lower than yours or you've made some mods to feel more stable at higher angles than me. Do you have wheel spacers or some other stability help?

/ Did some STEEP mowing today. Pictures
Wow. I've never gone that steep sideways on purpose. I wonder at what point you become too tippy. Your tractor is very similar to mine. I guess my pucker factor is lower than yours or you've made some mods to feel more stable at higher angles than me. Do you have wheel spacers or some other stability help?

No mods. Just got the wheels set at their widest point is all.

Not sure at what point it will tip.

I started on the hillside last but still around 11AM today. The west side grass was still just a tad damp. And there was a few times I slid a bit sideways.

/ Did some STEEP mowing today. Pictures #4  
Too much pucker factor for me!

/ Did some STEEP mowing today. Pictures #5  
Be careful man..hopefully it will slip before it tips.

/ Did some STEEP mowing today. Pictures #6  
That's beyond my pucker factor. Fortunately, I have nothing like that around here.

/ Did some STEEP mowing today. Pictures
Going slow was the key here. This is likely the upper end of my pucker factor too.

/ Did some STEEP mowing today. Pictures #8  
I end up doing a lot of steep mowing and slow is a big part of it. I personally take my loader off to lower my center of gravity if I know the area but if not it is good to have on to check for "surprises." Looked really good when you finished up

/ Did some STEEP mowing today. Pictures #9  

This is exactly the inclinometer I am looking for and have not been able to find. Any idea where I can find one?

I have had my tractor at precarious angles a few times and twice had to shut it down, carefully climb off and access the situation before doing anything further, as only the exact correct move next would keep it from rolling over. My issues have always been when the bucket was unexpectedly hooked on a tree root and one or more tires were in a depression or on a slope relative to the rest of the tractor while clearing my new home site.

So the inclinometer would not help in the previous situations but would tell me at what angle my tractor becomes precarious with certain low centered weight on the 3PH. Plus I am now moving to the rear of the property to fill in some pits created by a mini-x when getting a septic permit and it is sloped and full of trees I have to maneuver around constantly on the slope.

/ Did some STEEP mowing today. Pictures #10  
Too steep for my comfort zone. Like you I have an angle meter on the tractor, I just use an RV level. When I get up even just to 10 to 15 degrees it makes me really nervous.