Did I see this correctly?

/ Did I see this correctly? #1  

driver444

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2015 4wd
I stopped at a local Mahindra dealer and saw a model I haven't seen before. I thought it said "2816". I thought maybe I was wrong and it was a 2815, but it clearly was a 3 range, manual transmission with a 2 stage clutch, and appeared to have larger rear tires than the 3215 next to it. The 2815 is only in HST I believe. It looked as if it was based on the Mitsubishi platform too.

Anyway, is this a new model that just hasn't made "mahindrausa.com" yet???

/ Did I see this correctly? #2  
That is the new teir 4 emmisions tractor that will replace the 2615 so if you are looking at buying the 2615 run out and get them while dealers have them instock.
I would imagine that the new 2816 will have a price increase.
You will be seeing the 15 series tractors eventually being replaced by the new 16 series.

mahindra dealer meeting 008.jpg

/ Did I see this correctly?
Oh good, for a minute there, I thought I needed glasses!!

/ Did I see this correctly? #4  
I'm curius, and wonder if the 2816 is based on the 2615 chassis, or the 3215 chassis. I don't know this answer, yet and wonder if you noticed or maybe some of the other dealers know the answer.

/ Did I see this correctly? #5  
It is the 2615 with new stickers at least that is what I saw on the one Mahindra had on display at the national sales meeting.
Click on the picture you see in my last post and that gives you an idea.

/ Did I see this correctly?
From what I saw, It looked exactly like the 2615. It had the older style hood design. It had the gear shift and range shift on the left fender. It was not a shuttle shift. I'd have to say that other than the stickers, it looked like the 2615, but for some reason, the tires looked huge. Maybe it's just me. Oh, and the bucket was black, instead of red.

/ Did I see this correctly? #7  
Is the "2216" pictured going to replace the 2015? I've been told that the 2015 engine was actually a derated 22hp.

/ Did I see this correctly? #9  
I'm curious also. The new financing paperwork we received was the first I'd heard of the new 16 series.

/ Did I see this correctly? #10  
RedRiver said:
I'm curious also. The new financing paperwork we received was the first I'd heard of the new 16 series.

1815H becomes an 1816H, the 2015's become 2216's, the 2415's become 2516's, the 2615's become 2816's, the 2815H goes away, the 3215's become 3316's. Basically, they just rated them closer to the real output, but still conservative. The chassis will be black instead of charcoal. They all had to be re-rated for Tier IV anyway, so they went ahead and corrected the earlier lower ratings. There will be a price increase, although not all that bad, on the 16 series. Unless you like the decal and black paint, you might as well buy the 15 series while they last and save a few bucks.