Dewalt Cordless Grease Gun Deal

/ Dewalt Cordless Grease Gun Deal #1  

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
I have been on the fence about buying a cordless grease gun for a while due to the high prices. Today I got a hankering to look into it again and found the Dewalt Model # DCGG571M1 advertised at the home improvement stores for $199. This is the 20V Lithium Ion Battery set with one battery. It claims the battery will last through 16 tubes of grease so there is little to no chance of it going dead before I have everything greased. Neither of the home improvement stores had local stock. I checked at Tractor Supply and they had the same model listed for $219 and had it in stock. I happened to have a 10% off entire order coupon from them so worst case was it would cost the same. I printed the Lowes page and took it with me and they matched the $199 and gave me the 10% off on top of that.
clear.png
:cool2:

Waiting for the battery to charge now. Can't wait to give this thing a go.

/ Dewalt Cordless Grease Gun Deal #2  
I'm considering that, as a tractor with a loader and a backhoe can have dozens of fittings, plus the ones on the mower, and the stump grinder, etc. Good arm workout, in any case.

/ Dewalt Cordless Grease Gun Deal #3  
I have the Milwaukee version, and my other manual grease guns gather dust in the barn.

Might be a need for them sometime, but it hasn’t happened yet.

/ Dewalt Cordless Grease Gun Deal #4  
I bought the Dewalt version earlier this year, could not be happier with my purchase.

/ Dewalt Cordless Grease Gun Deal
I have to say I am less excited about owning it than I was about getting it. I am hoping some of my misgivings will go away as I adjust to using it.

The coupler did not seal on a few of my fittings. I tried my regular grease gun on those and only had it leak some on one but the rest worked fine. It firmly snaps on and off the fittings. I had to use pliers to get it off a couple. I could not get the knurled end to come loose so I could adjust the spring tension on the jaws. I ran through the first tube of grease pretty fast. I learned a lesson on that. If you operate the gun much after it's empty it will suck the wall in on the tube and make it very difficult to withdraw the piston. It has a distinct change in sound when the grease runs out so I will be careful to change the tube as soon as it stops pumping. I have one fitting that has always been difficult and I'm not sure I ever got an appreciable amount of grease into it. It is on the bottom pivot of the boom and I worry about it seizing up. The Dewalt sealed on that one but pumped up and sprung the pressure relief on the gun. That is no fault of the gun but I had hopes the advertised 10,000 psi would finally overcome that problem. I would have to see that claim verified on a pressure gauge to believe it. One of the first things I did to this machine when I got it a couple of years back was to replace ALL the grease fittings and add protective covers.

/ Dewalt Cordless Grease Gun Deal #6  
First thing I did was put a lock-n-lube coupler on!

First thing I did was put a lock-n-lube coupler on!

lock-n-lube won't get on half the fittings on my backhoe. I have one on one of my guns but rarely use it.

/ Dewalt Cordless Grease Gun Deal #8  
I致e been thinking about getting one too. I only need the bare tool as I already have a few batteries. For my tractor the lock地値ube works well, especially because a few of the zerks are inside counter bores, which prevent me from angling the nozzle enough to get it to release.

/ Dewalt Cordless Grease Gun Deal #9  
Lock-n-lube with that gun is the bomb. If the lock and lube won't reach then I would adapt the fitting so it would, it is worth the effort.

I致e been thinking about getting one too. I only need the bare tool as I already have a few batteries. For my tractor the lock地値ube works well, especially because a few of the zerks are inside counter bores, which prevent me from angling the nozzle enough to get it to release.

I saw the bare tool advertised at Grainger for $169.