Deutz Cold Start

/ Deutz Cold Start #1  

Charlie_Iliff

Veteran Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT1845, John Deere 2240, John Deere 950, John Deere 755, Jacobsen Turf Cat II
9 degrees and machine hadn't run in two weeks. No block heater, not even a light bulb. The PT 1845 Deutz started without any battery boost. Took a while to smooth out, but neither external heat nor electricity required.

/ Deutz Cold Start #2  
Charlie,

Thats pretty impressive. Not only is the Deutz pumping it's own cold crankcase oil, but also the charge pump for the transmission pump and PTO/lift/steering pump is moving very cold oil. I had minus 10 at the house this morning. Today's high was 10. They claim it's going to get even colder.

Duane

/ Deutz Cold Start #3  
Pretty good.

We had zero degrees this morning. No snow, so I went fishing /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Should have some snow tomorrow morning when I get up.

/ Deutz Cold Start #4  
<font color=blue>No snow, so I went fishing </font color=blue>

So what did you catch?

/ Deutz Cold Start #5  
<font color=blue>So what did you catch? </font color=blue>

A cold! ( rim shot please )

/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Sorry, couldn't resist.

Lots of little fish, only two keeper bluegill, but enough for a couple of sandwiches. Also about lost my life on some weak ice. A lapse of following safety procedures and complacency on my part /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif Shame on me /w3tcompact/icons/mad.gif Kind of like tractoring. Always follow safety procedures.

/ Deutz Cold Start #6  
Three inches of nice fluffy stuff and the thermometer read ZERO this morning. PT425 started right up at full choke and 1/2 throttle. Had to back off the choke to 1/2 after 15 seconds, then throttle to 1/3 and choke to 1/4 after 30 more seconds. Let it run there for about 10 minutes to circulate and warm the hydraulic oil. Then spent a whole 8 minutes plowing and put it away/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif