Desperate help for tire, so I came here.

/ Desperate help for tire, so I came here. #1  

Rat Rod Mac

Silver Member
I have an older backhoe that I use about three or four hours a summer to clean out around my drainage ditch pipes. The situation I'm in is that the tires that are on it are rotten. I can't justify spending hundreds of dollars to buy new ones because they will rot long before I would ever wear them out, so I'm looking for a used one. I found one, but need another. The tread doesn't matter, like I said I use it a couple of hours in the summer time on flat ground. The size I need is 17.5x24. Anyone here know of a source in the Ohio, West Virginia, Western Pennsylvania area that may have one? Thanks in advance, it's appreciated. RRM

/ Desperate help for tire, so I came here. #2  
$458/new including shipping is the low price on eBay, usually a good place to check prices.
LINK: 1 New Carlisle Xtra Grip R-4 - 17.5x-24 Tires 17524 17.5 1 24 | eBay

Used tires in 17.5 X 24 are right around $450 without freight.

I suggest you call Messick's in Pennsylvania, which has five (5) tractor stores. They may have a used 17.5 X 24 they would love to dispose of. Messick's parts line: 877-260-3528

/ Desperate help for tire, so I came here. #4  
I'm sure you've thought of this, but have you called around to dealers that replace tractor tires? They might sell you (or give it away to not have to dispose of it) a used tire that they have replaced for someone that needs good tread.

/ Desperate help for tire, so I came here.
jstrick, I've called at least two dozen tire outfits and come up zero. Thought maybe I would get lucky and someone on here would come through. You never know until you try. Thanks for responding. RRM

/ Desperate help for tire, so I came here. #6  
We have a tractor dismantler near us. They have a whole building full of tires but I don't think they are a very good deal. Our local farm equipment auction starts of every month with tires. If they are not totally falling apart maybe you could have them filled with foam.

Chris

/ Desperate help for tire, so I came here. #7  
I had one with rotten sidewalls that would not hold air, so had a tube put in about a year ago.

Solved the problem :):

P6260003 tubed.JPG