Descisions, Descisions help needed!!

/ Descisions, Descisions help needed!! #1  

juggler

Tractor
Mahindra 5500 FWD
Hi all
thanx for all the late night reading your given me over the last week or so. I have been pouring over the Mahindra forum gleaning all the info I can get. Thanx to it I have now decided to buy a new Mahindra (the choices where a Daedong, you guys call Koito or a Iseki) Still i face a huge decision even though now i have narrowed it down to Mahindra. Do I get a 6500 FWD with a standard GP bucket with skid steer QA OR do i get a 5500 FWD with a 4 in 1 skid steer QA bucket. Both come in at $39k or so.

my land is 150 acres broken down into 50 rivereflats 50 light grazing and 50 natural bush....big gums etc.

now i want to be able to slash, think you guys call it bush hogging???. plant some lucene or similar general fencing , move some dirt etc. i also have some erosion that i need to address eventually.

now the big question
WHICH ONE DO I GET????????

seeing you guys have convienced me to get a Mahindra now please tell me which one to get

ps thanx for all the help, reading etc

Cheers
Juggler

/ Descisions, Descisions help needed!! #2  
with that size property how much more to go all the way and get a 7520?

/ Descisions, Descisions help needed!! #3  
I think I'd go with the 6500. I'm not so sure the 4n1 is that great a deal. BTW, I've had two Mahindras and now have a Kioti/Daedong. They each have their advantages, but I loved my Mahindra's raw low rpm power. My Kioti is a Cab and I like that - especially during Bee season, but I miss the low end torque.

I'd rather have a back blade and or a grapple attachment than the 4n1.

/ Descisions, Descisions help needed!! #4  
Juggler

Sometimes I regret not going bigger.

If finances allow,

GO BIGGER!

Mud

/ Descisions, Descisions help needed!!
hi rviator, mudonthetyres and larryrb
thanx for the replies.
firstly larryrb i can t afford to go any bigger than i have already, no more $$$$ the minister of war wont release any more of the treasury $$$$$
secondly rviator thanx for the input good to see you liked the mahindra, just curious why you switched, was it because you need a cab?
and lastly mudonthetyres, i think i will go bigger (6500) at least in my budget constraints, cause down the track if i really want i can put a 4n1 on for about $3k but i cant put in an extra 10hp in unless i want to spend 45K.

once again thx for all the reading it has been most helpful and educational

will keep you posted of any issue i have and seek further guidence

cheers

juggler

/ Descisions, Descisions help needed!! #6  
You can't go wrong with either! I have the 6000 4x4. I love the simplicity of these tractors. One big advantage of the 6500 would be tire size. The 6500 should provide more traction in the rough spots. Make sure you get a skid steer QA system for your loader. My 6000 has the old QA with the pins you pull. The new 7010 I bought has the skid steer QA and it's much better.

/ Descisions, Descisions help needed!! #7  
I have a 6500 4WD with FEL and while it's a real work horse there is one big drawback I didn't anticipate. It weighs so much even with those big tires when it's damp or wet it will defintely leave ruts in the Texas clay! So after I bush hog if it's wet I need to go back and clean up the ruts. I am looking for a 2nd lighter 2WD to do simple work and save the 6500 for the big stuff.

/ Descisions, Descisions help needed!! #8  
juggler said:
hi rviator, mudonthetyres and larryrb
rviator thanx for the input good to see you liked the mahindra, just curious why you switched, was it because you need a cab?
juggler

I'm fairly new to tractors and was afraid if I bought new there'd be too much depreciation. It took me almost two years to take the plunge and I just happened on a Mahindra. I actually was working a deal on a 7520 when the Kioti came along and I still had the 6000. Put both on the market and the Mahindra sold first.

The Cab is nice in that I have to use the tractor when I am at our farm - 360 miles from my primary residence. It's not as strong at the Mahindra, but does what I need and the comfort of the cab allows me to really lay with it. I like the husky look of the 20 series. Can't get warmed up to the look of the 7010s but that would be a good candidate, but I question whether I really need what I got much less going bigger.

/ Descisions, Descisions help needed!! #9  
In the near future Mahindra will be introducing the 8560 cab model. Basicly it will be a 7520 putting out 83 HP, with a state of the art factory cab and a nice addition of a console on the right which will have your rear remotes controls instead of almost behind the seat. A big improvement. It will also be available in a non cab version. I can't wait!

/ Descisions, Descisions help needed!!
hi awill99

good point i never consider the weight factor, as putting ruts everywhere would be a real pain.

also jcwinpk

both models i'm looking at have the skidsteer QA, just throw a lever a backaway..supposed to work well

cheers and thx all