Depreciated value BX2350

/ Depreciated value BX2350 #1  

sodamo

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS XR4140H (Mine) BX2380 (wife’s)
Getting a quote from local dealer on a BX2350 w 60" MMM, LA243 Loader. This is supposedly "new" but been in stock a couple of years. Of course I want to find out what year it is and how many hours on it. If it is 2 or 3 years old, how much should I depreciate it's value? What might be a ballpark price? Is there any year to be especially mindful of problems or price considerations?
Where can I find out if this year had any of the recall items?
Thanks

/ Depreciated value BX2350 #2  
The 50 series was short lived due to plastic hood, which didn't bother me and the abrupt stop in reverse which bothered me enough to get rid of it within a few months of purchasing. Guess you can see that from my perspective I'd want at least a $3000 to $4000 discount. My neighbor has one and the abrupt stop doesn't bother him as bad as it did me. I've owned eleven Kubotas and this is his second one. I know it was wrong and not the way a Kubota transmission is supposed to work.
I have alot to mow so I have alot of stopping, backing up and going forward. The backing up abrupt stop can be feathered a bit with practice and being very careful which I got tired of really quick when I got to mowing and would not take the extra time and effort required for a less abrupt stop. If my mowing required very little backing up, I could live with it but I'd still want a big discount if buying a new or used one.
The abrupt stop was my issue and other than that it is a fine SCUT. The cut off switch in the seat was an issue with cutting the engine off when driving down a fairly steep hill but that can be fixed fairly easy.

/ Depreciated value BX2350 #3  
Agree with JohnThomas.

I'd want a couple of grand for buying a three year old left over. If it hasn't been stored inside, there will sober aging on the plastic, rust forming on the metal, etc. Then, IF I could life with abrupt jerking, I'd want another $1500-2000 for buying an unpopular model.

That machine sold new for $12,500 - $13,000. Anything more than $9000 wouldn't entice me, but YMMV.

Secondly, I would absolutely have to test drive a similar 50 series BX. AND, I would want to go over that particular tractor looking for rust. None of this buying it without first hand seeing it for inspection.

/ Depreciated value BX2350 #4  
Unfortunately the age of the tractor has no bearing on the net cost to the dealer. While it may be worth less to you, the dealer still has an invoice cost very close to a new unit from the factory. No dealer is going to take a 3,000 hit because it has depreciated from a buyer's perspective when the unit still comes with a new warranty and financing. There's not as much margin to work with as you might think.

/ Depreciated value BX2350 #5  
Unfortunately the age of the tractor has no bearing on the net cost to the dealer. While it may be worth less to you, the dealer still has an invoice cost very close to a new unit from the factory. No dealer is going to take a 3,000 hit because it has depreciated from a buyer's perspective when the unit still comes with a new warranty and financing. There's not as much margin to work with as you might think.

If the dealer does not have to pay for it until it sells is the only way the above makes sense. I would expect that the dealer owns it and they have two choices, sell it (for a price someone is willing to pay) or keep it. If they already had to pay the factory for it, then selling it (even at a loss on paper) is often better than just sitting on it, hoping that someone will come along and just have to have it.

/ Depreciated value BX2350 #6  

Understand what you are saying, but on this unit? That dealer is going to have to eat it to move it. It's three years old and a model backward in time. It is what it is. Stuff happens.

/ Depreciated value BX2350
Thanks

Any particular year (s) on the plastics issue?

Quote: Kubota BX2350 tractor w/ 60 mid mtd deck - $8383, but I don' know year or hours.
I guessing if a couple of yo it might be a demo/loaner.
Unit is on another island, Oahu, so I can't see/touch in person.

/ Depreciated value BX2350 #9  
The year on a tractor isn't very important, its more than the hours. Is this being sold as a new or a used tractor?

All BX2350's had the plastic hood and fenders. Mine is about 3 years old and so far no major problems with the plastic. Mine does stop pretty abrut in reverse, but I've adjusted to it and don't even really think about.

If that thing is new of very low hours, thats a great price.

Thanks DM
I sit here at the mercy of lack of info. Probably ticked off salesman that I'd like some detailed info and didn't like having to pull teeth to get it. I also asked if it was considered a new machine by Kubota Corp.