Deere or Frontier? Advice from members appreciated...

/ Deere or Frontier? Advice from members appreciated... #1  

DeereMann

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 1026R
Members,

I traded my John Deere 445 L&G Tractor and all implements for a John Deere 1026R SCUT. Very happy so far.

Now I need to rebuild my implement inventory. Some implements are available in both the John Deere and Frontier brand lines.

Why is that and what is the difference? I get the impression the Frontier implement line is for occasional consumer use & the John Deere implement line is for heavy commercial use.

Thanks for your help. :scratchchin:

/ Deere or Frontier? Advice from members appreciated... #2  
I've looked at both brand lines in bush cutters and they look about the same to me. They both are pretty robust.

/ Deere or Frontier? Advice from members appreciated... #3  
Depends on what implement. Some are only in fronteir, some are both.
What specific are you looking at? I assume either rotary cutter or tiller?

/ Deere or Frontier? Advice from members appreciated... #4  
I'd encourage you to also check the Land Pride implements, which should also be available from your JD dealer. I've been very please with LP, okay with JD, not so much with Frontier-just a little less sturdily built from my experience.

Most of the LP, JD or Frontier attachments will be Quick Hitch compatible, and many of the LP attachments can be ordered in JD Green paint if that's a consideration for you.

Just a note-I don't know if you are considering a Quick Hitch, but I've had both LP and JD Quick Hitches, and both have been great. I won't purchase any new implements now unless they are QH compatible, and I've changed over most of my old non QH compatible attachments. I'm getting older, and I love how easy it makes hooking up attachments, and the time I can save especially when I'm in a hurry.

/ Deere or Frontier? Advice from members appreciated... #5  
Frontier are implements built by other companies. You can buy them with confidence.

Some JD implements are not the best in the market, don't be afraid look elsewhere.

/ Deere or Frontier? Advice from members appreciated... #6  
I sit on green but implements are all colors
just get it done

/ Deere or Frontier? Advice from members appreciated...
Depends on what implement. Some are only in fronteir, some are both.
What specific are you looking at? I assume either rotary cutter or tiller?

A tiller for sure. I don't think Frontier offers a front mount snow thrower? I need that too.

I'd encourage you to also check the Land Pride implements, which should also be available from your JD dealer. I've been very please with LP, okay with JD, not so much with Frontier-just a little less sturdily built from my experience.

Most of the LP, JD or Frontier attachments will be Quick Hitch compatible, and many of the LP attachments can be ordered in JD Green paint if that's a consideration for you.

Just a note-I don't know if you are considering a Quick Hitch, but I've had both LP and JD Quick Hitches, and both have been great. I won't purchase any new implements now unless they are QH compatible, and I've changed over most of my old non QH compatible attachments. I'm getting older, and I love how easy it makes hooking up attachments, and the time I can save especially when I'm in a hurry.

Thanks, GGB. Yes, I had quick hitch on previous tractor, so can't live without it now! Thanks for tip on Land Pride implements, I had seen them mentioned here on various posts, but am not familiar with them. I will research this.

Frontier are implements built by other companies. You can buy them with confidence.

Some JD implements are not the best in the market, don't be afraid look elsewhere.

Thanks.

/ Deere or Frontier? Advice from members appreciated... #10  
I'd encourage you to also check the Land Pride implements,which should also be available from your JD dealer .

I agree on Land Pride being a good brand, but they had/have a deal with Kubota. I have only seen them carried by dealers that have a Kubota connection since then, at least around here.