Loader Deere 750 and my new Coldwater loader

/ Deere 750 and my new Coldwater loader #1  

Bailout

So, after calling the JD dealership and getting a $5,000 quote for a new loader (not including a $1,000 extra hyd pump nor labor for any of it) - a non-JD loader... I started looking at other options. I did quite a bit of research and landed on the Coldwater website. There are not many write-ups or info on these loaders, but what is out there is all positive. I now need to give this company my thumbs up too... This whole process was enjoyable from start to finish.

I called and had a nice long conversation with the guys, discussed my needs and they were more than happy to sell me on their loader. They make loaders for smaller tractors on a regular basis - yanmar versions specifically, which basically IS the 750 that I own. So I placed my order - wrote a check that covered the loader AND shipping, it was less than half of the JD loader alone!!!

The loader came to the house on a pallet, packed very tightly and efficiently in shrink wrap (including the 5' bucket). I unwrapped it and laid all the pieces out to paint them - JD green, I love my JD, but don't always agree with their pricing...

Here are some install pics:

image-1182902073.jpg

image-3769082624.jpg

image-3167346135.jpg

image-20037092.jpg

image-3729609917.jpg
This is where you have to plumb in the hydraulics for the loader. Was an easy process and ALL the attachments came with the loader.

image-3450695147.jpg
Finished except for some of the touch up paint areas...

It works like a champ and I am very pleased with both the craftsmanship and quality of materials used. The standard fittings and cylinders will make any future maintenance easy and very budget friendly!

Brian

Brian

/ Deere 750 and my new Coldwater loader #3  
Thanks for the pics. Thinking of doing the same with my JD 670

/ Deere 750 and my new Coldwater loader #4  
Nice!! Have you actually gotten to use it yet?? What about power steering, does your 750 have it?? If not, how easily does it steer with a loaded bucket?? Good job on the install too, thanks for sharing.

/ Deere 750 and my new Coldwater loader #5  
Nice!! Have you actually gotten to use it yet?? What about power steering, does your 750 have it?? If not, how easily does it steer with a loaded bucket?? Good job on the install too, thanks for sharing.

I have a 750 with the 67 loader and manual steering really isn't an issue at all with a fully loaded bucket of even gravel. You need to be rolling to steer, but that is about it.

Nice job on the paint!

Chris

/ Deere 750 and my new Coldwater loader
Thanks for the pics. Thinking of doing the same with my JD 670
I recommend this loader - for the price, it will not be beat.

Manual steering with the 750 - if it is loaded, it needs some movement forward or reverse to turn the tires. Not difficult though... Other than moving wood around for the winter, I have not done any truly heavy lifting with it.

I have a 750 with the 67 loader and manual steering really isn't an issue at all with a fully loaded bucket of even gravel. You need to be rolling to steer, but that is about it. Nice job on the paint! Chris
thanks... I went cheap with the paint (spray paint cans of JD green)... We'll see how long it lasts. I'm thinking of spraying the tractor soon, so I'll hit it with good stuff when I do that...

Brian

/ Deere 750 and my new Coldwater loader #7  
Does anyone know if I Coldwater still sells new loaders for the 750 or 850?