Deer Hunting and deer hunters

/ Deer Hunting and deer hunters #21  
If a free loading hunter's arm swells up from a thorn he got while on your land him and his lawyer can own your place if he want's to put forth effort.
Not quite. Most states have laws protecting landowners from that very thing. I believe that I posted a link, perhaps even pasted the actual statute; when this thread began.

/ Deer Hunting and deer hunters #22  
Not quite. Most states have laws protecting landowners from that very thing. I believe that I posted a link, perhaps even pasted the actual statute; when this thread began.

Yes, if that were true you wouldn't see anyone allowed to hunt on a farmer's property. Farmers are smart enough to understand that risk and wouldn't allow it. They have attorneys too. I mention farmers only because they generally have the majority of property and get this request the most.

My late FIL had a re-occurring group of guys he allowed to hunt, he knew them all and they can still hunt it as long as they come and get written permission. Only one guy and his son regularly does.

/ Deer Hunting and deer hunters #23  
Not an issue for me. Ted Nugent's brother is the landowner next to me and he keeps an eye on my ground as well. The Nugent's have very little leeway concerning tresspassers..... I get to hunt his ground as well. Tit for tat. Great neighbors.

/ Deer Hunting and deer hunters #24  
Not an issue for me. Ted Nugent's brother is the landowner next to me and he keeps an eye on my ground as well. The Nugent's have very little leeway concerning tresspassers..... I get to hunt his ground as well. Tit for tat. Great neighbors.
Ironic post... he was playing on the radio as I read this.

/ Deer Hunting and deer hunters #26  
Wouldn't it be great if signed agreements meant something in court? Lawyers make their living proving and disproving what documents say and mean. If a free loading hunter's arm swells up from a thorn he got while on your land him and his lawyer can own your place if he want's to put forth effort.

Yes, if that were true you wouldn't see anyone allowed to hunt on a farmer's property. Farmers are smart enough to understand that risk and wouldn't allow it. They have attorneys too. I mention farmers only because they generally have the majority of property and get this request the most.
It probably won't do any good telling you to look at facts and use common sense along with your own judgement but it might help others in deciding if big brother has our back so we can let him control our destiny. When you look at geography,the farther NE you go more people subscribe to free in daily life. I could site first hand experience where lawyers had to decide what laws on the books really mean but you should take note of how many lawyers there are and ask yourself why they are necessary if everything is spelled out in your links. Lawyers write laws and they write them so that we must pay them to tell us what the law means.

/ Deer Hunting and deer hunters #27  
It probably won't do any good telling you to look at facts and use common sense along with your own judgement but it might help others in deciding if big brother has our back so we can let him control our destiny. When you look at geography,the farther NE you go more people subscribe to free in daily life. I could site first hand experience where lawyers had to decide what laws on the books really mean but you should take note of how many lawyers there are and ask yourself why they are necessary if everything is spelled out in your links. Lawyers write laws and they write them so that we must pay them to tell us what the law means.
I read your post 4 times and still don't know what you are trying to say. I can tell you that in our state, if you sue me for an injury while recreating on my land and lose; you can be held liable for all of my expenses to defend myself including, but not limited to lawyer's fees. Since that law was passed in 1979 there has never been a successful lawsuit against a landowner.

I'm not sure which is worse; a law designed to protect us from ourselves, or a law written to protect us from the lawyers.

/ Deer Hunting and deer hunters #28  

Isn't Nugent the one who said something like "Every time he sees a PETA protesting killing of animals, I go out and shoot something and eat it!" LOL

/ Deer Hunting and deer hunters #29  
Isn't Nugent the one who said something like "Every time he sees a PETA protesting killing of animals, I go out and shoot something and eat it!" LOL
Not a clue but then I don't ascribe to his brand anyway. I know his brother, not him. His brother is a different person.

/ Deer Hunting and deer hunters #30  
The guy who brought his 2 uninvited guests is OUT. Splain it to him. Then walk away. No shortage of courteous, respectful, law abiding, and grateful local hunters.
I agree that the guy should be done.

Ohio requires hunters to not only have a license/tags....but also written permission from the landowner.

Does Michigan require the same?

If so.....obviously the bozo's two friends dont have written permission. IF you havent said anything to him yet....perhaps wait til he is out there with his two friends and anonymously report them to the game warden. Explain to the warden the situation that you dont want identified and if possible, have him NOT metion that there was a report, rather he is just doing his job of randomly checking.

Maybe that will send them a loud and clear message. They will either stay out, or come to you asking for permission, at which time you can decline