Debit vs. Credit Cards

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #291  
I guess the homeless would stand on the corner with their card reader connected to their government purchased smartphone.

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #293  
My daughter's generation, is so depressed and has so much apathy, they really don't care about freedom

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #297  
In the 80's when ATM cards were all the rage, I got into so much trouble using them. Alcohol played a part. Going out, stop at ATM, not drunk enough, go to ATM. Trouble was, not balancing checkbook. Tore up and never looked back. I don't carry cash, except for emergencies. Buying dinner is not an emergency.
I pay off in full at end of month, so I don't are about high interest rates.

Fast forward to year ????, people use the credit card without the ability to stop buying. Then the statement comes in and YIKES!!!. This continues for months or until they realize they have a spending problem. (if they ever do)
Then, it's like, "we can't afford to live, the government should help us out. If I can't afford it, why should I have to pay it? (think education forgiveness)
I'll stop before this crosses the political line, but politics plays a big part in this.

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #298  
As you reduce the friction of transactions, the more people spend in general. When you can buy now, and have it tomorrow, and not see cash leaving your pocket… there is one outcome. Convenience is the enemy of those without self control.

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #299  
I just don’t get why some people are so against cash or even other people using cash? What does it matter if I want to keep using cash, but some people think nobody should.

/ Debit vs. Credit Cards #300  
Whether you pay with cash, credit card or debit card, self control is the key to financial stability.