Dealer Problems-Again

/ Dealer Problems-Again #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
Hi-
Looking for some advice on how to deal with this situation. My tractor was in for some warranty work last month and it was picked up and delivered like they always have done for warranty work.
My problems is they have never charged me for a pickup or delivery in the past and now, all of a sudden, I get a trucking bill for $150 from them.
My gripe is, they never notified me verbally or in writing that they will billing me for this. I know that trucking is not covered by AGCO and is a common courtesy from the dealer for its customers.
My thoughts are they should have told me in advance I would have been billed for this so that I could seek alternate means of transportation. I feel what they have done is extortion.

/ Dealer Problems-Again #2  
New management? Normally I would say check your state laws regarding written estimates, but since it was warranty work ('free') then I guess that's out.

Call the place and ask to speak to the manager. Calmly explain the situation and ask why you are now being charged for pickup/delivery? Are you otherwise happy with the dealer? Maybe they can split the bill with you for this trip?

/ Dealer Problems-Again #3  
I feel just as you do. If it's been a no-charge courtesy until this time then they should have informed you when you called.
Problem is, if you like this dealer do you want to PO him and not pay? I would at least call and complain that you were not informed of this new charge and ask that it be waived this time but, if you want to continue using the dealer, don't let it get out of hand and PO them.
On the other hand, if you aren't happy with them anyway, I'd tell them that they can bite themselves and the horse they married and to sue you for it if they want it that bad. LOL

/ Dealer Problems-Again #4  
I think MJW's suggestion is probably the wisest, although do also think that there would be a great amount of satisfaction from following BigBoy's final advice :laughing:

/ Dealer Problems-Again #5  
I would call and ask about it before making a big stink. There’s no reason automatically assume the worst. The person writing up the paperwork may have had no idea that you shouldn’t be charged. A simple question could be all it takes to work out.
There’s also the possibility that they’ve reached their courtesy limit on your tractor and decided it was time to start charging. I get the feeling this is far from the first time it’s been in for work. I’m not too sure they have to tell you in advance of charges since it’s understood that hauling the tractor isn’t part of warranty work. It would be nice, but it’s not extortion if they didn’t. Again, a 5 minute phone call would have been the first thing I did.

/ Dealer Problems-Again #6  
Ring, ring.
Hello, Mr Dealer. This is MMagnis. You charged me $150 to haul my tractor both ways for warrenty work. Before there was no hauling charge. What's up?

MrD: New owner, new policy. $150 please.

MM: How about we split the cost 50/50?

MrD: Can't do that. $150 please.

MM: You mean to tell me that you'd risk losing my business over $75?

MrD: Uhh, hmmm. Click.

If that's the scenario, then you know what your next move is, verdad?

/ Dealer Problems-Again #7  
More compalints on warranty, it's never ending. The dealer is not reimbursed by the company for Pu/Del. If he has not charged you before now, maybe he did a "complimentary" pu/del once or twice. It's not worth getting him and you upset. If he'll split it fine, if he's fair, hopefully he will. If not go on and get yourself a trailer so you can haul it yourself. Just remember, warranty doesn't pay for everything like most people think. It doesn't pay P&D (maybe the first one) and only pays flat rate on the repair. So he most likely lost on the claim to begin w/ and he has an actual expense in transportation. He's not out to get you and it's not extortion.

/ Dealer Problems-Again #8  
I agree with MMAGIS- maybe you shouldn't have been invoiced for the P&D, but someone new in the office didn't realize. The dealer that I bought my TORO ZTR mower from will haul the machines that he sold free of charge but has a fee for everyone else. It's worth a phone call to clear up any misunderstanding.

Good Luck

Frank

/ Dealer Problems-Again #9  
last time i took mine in for repairs at the closest dealer (not the one i bought from) the machine wasn't ready at the agreed time so i went home without it. i have always hauled the machine back and forth myself.

the manager delivered it to my house (55 miles) when it was fixed.

i thought that was decent of him. :thumbsup: