Dead mice

/ Dead mice #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
I found a couple of dead mice in my raised-bed garden this morning; they had obviously been killed by another animal, yet not any parts eaten. My guess is a feral cat who was not really hungry at the time. Any guesses any one?

/ Dead mice #2  
My same guess - cats. My cats are 100% outside cats - they have beds in the tool shed. Many times they catch mice and play with them for half to a full hour and then just leave them laying there. They eventually come back and eat them.

Yes, I have a dead mouse on my porch quite often.

Last edited:
   / Dead mice #3  
Same guess here I have seen cats line up dead mice to show/prove that they have been earning their keep !

/ Dead mice #4  
I walked out into my garage the other night and discovered my formerly feral cat tormenting a baby rabbit.
The rabbit appeared to be in good shape. No blood and it was sitting there with the cat circling it.
So, I caught the rabbit and put it outside in the grass. I shut the garage door with the cat inside.
The rabbit was gone the next morning.

/ Dead mice #5  
I walked out into my garage the other night and discovered my formerly feral cat tormenting a baby rabbit.
The rabbit appeared to be in good shape. No blood and it was sitting there with the cat circling it.
So, I caught the rabbit and put it outside in the grass. I shut the garage door with the cat inside.
The rabbit was gone the next morning.
Ha ha... formerly ferel. Let me guess, that was your plan. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I could see myself doing the same for rabbits. Mice... I am on the cat's side there.

/ Dead mice #6  
my cat regurgitated a large rabbit on the kitchen floor last week. he also put an uneaten dead one down in the basement a few months ago. there is a cat door so he comes and goes as he wants. he helps with the pest problem in the garden.

/ Dead mice
Same guess here I have seen cats line up dead mice to show/prove that they have been earning their keep !

I'm not a cat person, but I think you have convinced me it probably was a cat. I noticed that there was some digging into the gopher runs near by also. I really don't like the cats; they rob the nests of the bluebirds in my bird houses, but they do help with the varmints. I am amazed at their hunting skills; I have seen them stalk and catch squirrels in the back yard...only to have their prize taken away by another cat.