Daylite savings time

/ Daylite savings time
I'll never forget the time a senator from my state was espousing on the notion of how pleasant it was to stroll in Washington while it was still light out at 8:30 pm. Of all the selfish attitudes. And, he's making the laws.The havoc this time change wreaks goes beyond the attainment of convenience or pleasantries. He should tell his preference to the woman or child that just lost a husband or father from a stress induced heart attack of how important his walks are.
We really need to stop transitioning time. It is basically a tremendously unhealthy thing to do to ourselves. Pick a gosh darn time frame and stop moving it.

/ Daylite savings time #12  
Arizona does not do the time change. They do just fine without it.

I can certainly be counted among those who hate the changing twice a year. But in the summer of 1994, I was doing gas leakage surveys for the gas company in various west Texas towns. I was working alone, so I'd start early in the morning; just as soon as it was light enough for me to read the serial on a gas meter without a flashlight. And I went from that to do a little job in Arizona where the gas company wanted one of their guys to go with me. They didn't start work until 8 a.m. (their time, of course) which was an hour different from Texas and since they didn't use Daylight Savings Time, it was 2 hours different from what I'd been accustomed to. Sitting around in broad daylight until 10 a.m. (my time) to start the work day was tough.:rolleyes:

/ Daylite savings time #13  
I hated it overseas and I hate it here. That's one of the dumbest motions ever - in Europe we say it was started by ****** to have ammo factories produce more.

/ Daylite savings time #14  
It's always been on my list of most despised ideas. I have a powerful body clock, and while it keeps time very well, and woke me app. 4:15AM for 20+ years without an alarm, it has always struggled with this silly notion. Worst is the spring, "losing" an hour. When I had to get up at a set time it took me a month or more to recover from the spring change. I have no doubt I was less productive for at least that long. Farmer.....I never bought that one. Farmer does his work by the sun and by what is necessary when....I live in a rural area, and don't know a single farmer that farms by the clock.

My daughter has Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrone and cannot adjust her body clock backwards. It probably takes her six months to get back to normal if then. I would pay big time to stop this. Does anybody like it?

/ Daylite savings time #16  
We're located about 10 minutes from the western edge of the eastern time zone. They just plunged our kids back into darkness in the morning going to school. If you go outside when the sun is directly south, it is almost 2PM.

On the bright side, we can go outside and I can give my kids astronomy lessons after breakfast! :confused2:

/ Daylite savings time #17  
I hate daylight savings because I don't get sleepy until it has been dark for hours, and I don't like getting up early. The only good thing is that it is at least light for part of my commute home.

/ Daylite savings time #18  
I like DST. The most vocal opponents of it are the entertainment industry including food services. People just don't like to go to the movies when it's still light and there's things to do outside.
I've read Ben Franklin's suggestion and I think that he was unfairly credited with it. He suggested that in London there be a curfew to keep party goers off the street late at night. That's hardly DST.
The main pain is reseting the clocks. But I've transitioned to atomic clocks mostly that reset themselves. It only takes me a couple days to reset my body clock.

/ Daylite savings time #19  
I'll join in with my two cents worth. The idea of changing our clocks twice per year is really dumb, had to have been dreamed up by a politician. It would be better for everyone if all of the states joined Arizona. Guess I need to draft up a letter to send to Governor Perry. Maybe Texas will do it right.

Oh yeh, I really don't care if we stay with DST or Standard, let's just stay with ONE.

/ Daylite savings time #20  
i don't like switching back and forth but i sure love to come home from work and be able to work outside until 9 in the daylight.......i set dorment all winter and after the time change, i work my butt off.....

i agree, just stick with one or split the difference and leave it alone!