DATING THIS DISC HARROW & MODEL # INFO

/ DATING THIS DISC HARROW & MODEL # INFO #1  

JASONNPAYNE

Tractor
2018 JOHN DEERE 5065E 4WD, 1957 ALLIS CHALMERS WD45
CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THIS JOHN DEERE DISC HARROW, BEEN IN FAMILY SINCE THE 60'S, MY GRANDFATHER PASSED IT DOWN, NEED SOME INFO ON OWNERS MANUAL OR ADJUSTING PLOW, PLEASE SEE PICS BELOW, MY GRANDFATHER SEEMS TO THINK HE PURCHASED IN 1965, HE HAS PASSED AWAY AND NOE I NEED TO LEARN HOW TI ADJUST, WORKS GOOD BUT NEEDS ADJUSTED!

ANY HELP OR INFO IS GREAT

Attachments

• IMG_6904.JPG
    IMG_6904.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 573
  • IMG_6895.JPG
    IMG_6895.JPG
    953.6 KB · Views: 662
  • IMG_6906.JPG
    IMG_6906.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 585
  • IMG_6896.JPG
    IMG_6896.JPG
    913 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_6899.JPG
    IMG_6899.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 452
  • IMG_6898.JPG
    IMG_6898.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 471
   / DATING THIS DISC HARROW & MODEL # INFO #2  
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our vintage John Deere section. Someone over there may know.

/ DATING THIS DISC HARROW & MODEL # INFO
Thank u. Really need the help and info.

/ DATING THIS DISC HARROW & MODEL # INFO #4  
Edit: Model KCA

Any part numbers stamped on any of the parts, such as the disk blades? That might be a place to start.

This tandem disk looks very much like the one I pulled on our farm in the middle 50's. Ten years earlier than what you are thinking.
Also looks to have had some parts modified which won't help with id. Such as the spools or frame parts. See a number on the turnbuckle on the tongue, but cannot read it, and likely not a disk part per se.

Poking around the jdparts site, am thinking yours is very similar to model KCA, because of the narrow width I believe.
You can google to confirm, but appears there were several years with same model no.
John Deere - Parts Catalog

Last edited:
THANKS FOR THE ADVICE, IT COULD BE FROM THE 50'S, I JUST ALWAYS REMEMBER MY GRANDFATHER SAYING HE HAD SINCE 1965, I DID FIND SOME PARTS # LOCATED BETWEEN THE DISC, I WILL POT LATER OR LOOK THEM UP!

/ DATING THIS DISC HARROW & MODEL # INFO #6  
Good, and pls take the CAPS lock off.. easier to read. tks

Appears the KCA is the one with the wheel carrier. Here is a KBA link to a spool (that part between the disk blades) and how the spool is marked with identifying lettering.
John Deere KBA Disc Harrow Disk Spool KK436B KK-436-B JD Pull Type 3pt Trailer | eBay

Are you looking for parts? or just information? or looking for some manuals? Does appear to be the middle 50's vintage. And I am not into selling parts.. ;) I don't do eBay either.

Last edited:
   / DATING THIS DISC HARROW & MODEL # INFO #7  
Welcome to TBN
To accurately name model # one needs more information such as casting #s,disk spacing(frt & rear gangs) & gang bolt size but it's a model KBA or KBC built from early 50's to late 70's. See photo below

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    52.8 KB · Views: 377
thanks for the advice, i will take pics tonight and post of the #s in between the disc!

thank you, i will try to get that info this eve!

just updated with a few new pics

Attachments

• IMG_6910.JPG
    IMG_6910.JPG
    758.7 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_6912.JPG
    IMG_6912.JPG
    509.4 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_6909.JPG
    IMG_6909.JPG
    619.7 KB · Views: 286